Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Super August 2017 Alberta

Hair for wedding stressing me out

Bethany, on June 14, 2017 at 14:23 Posted in Beauty 0 7
My hair is really thin and pretty damaged cuz believe it or not I used to be bleach blonde. My hair used to be thicker and fuller. I have an idea of how I picture my hair on my big day but no matter how many trials I do, I'm not satisfied. Do I need extensions or what do I do?? Attached photos of the best trial I had, the styles I like, and me as a blonde 6 years ago. Hair still hasn't bounced back from that.

Hair for wedding stressing me out - 1

Hair for wedding stressing me out - 2

Hair for wedding stressing me out - 3

Hair for wedding stressing me out - 4

Hair for wedding stressing me out - 5

Hair for wedding stressing me out - 6

7 Comments

Latest activity by Lari, on July 3, 2018 at 20:00
  • L
    New York
    Lari ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your hair looks great! I don't know that extensions are necessary. I did recently do a blog post about damaged, curly hair that you might be interested in. In it, I recommend some products that can be useful for styling curly hair that has been damaged over the years.

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you want more volume the only way to do that is extensions to my knowledge. I would talk to the stylist about it. I think your hair from the trial looks lovely!

• Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got 24" remi, temp glue in extensions from Amazon... They were only $75 and my stylist was super impressed by the quality... Its nice to have options.
  • Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Maybe try double thickness hair extensions? They're supposed to be cheap to get hair wefts and just sew clips into them folded over.
  • B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think you're right about everything. That the Pinterest models only have to look good for 30 mins and that the ponytail might give me the look I want better.
  • Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think your hair looks great. But if you want the look from those pictures, you definitely need double-thick extensions, and even then, I don't think it would actually work for the day of. Those are pinterest models who had to look amazing for a period of 30 minutes, not a whole day. It also looks like part of the issue is in that trial, your hair is in a bun that lets out, while the pinterest pictures seem to be more like really curled loose ponytails. Doing a teased ponytail might give you more of that cascading volume than a bun that will pull all your hair in.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think your hair looks lovely!!! If you don't feel comfortable though and think that extensions will help maybe talk to your hair stylist about those options. I generally asks the experts for things like this.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics