Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Curious August 2019 British Columbia

Hair and make up for bridal party day of

Svetlana, on February 13, 2019 at 15:56 Posted in Beauty 0 8
I have been looking for make up/ hair artists for me and my bridesmaids (4+me), getting different quotes and everyone is giving me a time frame of 4 to 5 hrs for all the services, which is very surprising to me as they all claim to have multiple stylists come.. is this just what it is and I should just come to terms with it or is there any smart way with going around this time issue? Considering that I was planning to have everyone ready for prep pictures by 11 am.. should I reconsider the day off timeframe to not have to make everyone come over at 6 am?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Alycia, on February 15, 2019 at 18:15
  • Alycia
    Expert March 2020 Ontario
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I’m glad I read this Discussion, I hadn’t realized how long to plan for this. I will need to make plans for this in our day

• S
    Curious August 2019 British Columbia
    Svetlana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks for all replies Smiley smile I have discussed this with my bridal party and they are actually pretty pumped to spend the whole morning even this early getting pampered together so all good... going to 2 hair and make up trials next week, that's gonna be exciting Smiley smile
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're going to be around the same timeline. We have one hair and one make-up artist coming and each take around 45 minutes - 1 hour per person. Also some girls will be getting makeup before hair and we'll be swapping so none of the stylists are waiting around for something to do.

There are 5 of us getting makeup and hair (including me) so our getting ready time is around 9am-2pm (5 hours). The photographer is coming around 2-2:15pm to get the getting ready photos.

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Others have hit the nail on the head - that is standard time, and standard team of 2 people (1 hair, 1 makeup). And this is assuming that everything goes to plan, no one hates their hair/makeup and has to have it redone, etc.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thats about average time- My hair and makeup people said about 45 minutes per girl and more for me. They said if wanted to be ready for 2pm we should start at 8am or near there as have large number of people.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think that's a reasonable amount of time for you and your bridal party makeup and hair. That stuff takes time! My hair and makeup artist has me booked for 5 hours for 3 of us!

• Stephanie
    Beginner May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hair & makeup are each 45mins to 1 hour PER girl. Typically any company will send 1 hair stylist AND 1 makeup artist. This is “the team”. Each stylist will do their thing and the girls will swap from chair to chair to get ready - everyone who I’ve consulted with had said to just make sure there is “always a butt in each chair” until every girl has their hair and makeup complete.

So in TOTAL the “time to get ready” for hair/makeup for 5 girls (including yourself) would be 5 hours.

Some places may have the option to “purchase additional” stylists to get ready faster, but then you have a team of 4 people trying to get 5 people ready - which might be a giant mess of bodies!

If I were you - I would definitely reconsider the timeline (considering you’re probably going to be up partying for the night and being ready for the day at 6am would be exhausting!) - andddd some companies might also charge you a premium for the “early time slot”.

Hope this helps!!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

From what I've heard it takes roughly 45 min for hair and the same for makeup for one person (roughly!). That would equate to 1.5 hours per person X 5 people = 7.5 hours buuuuut since they have maybe 2 stylists divide that in half = 3 hours and 45 minutes total... round up to maybe 4 or even 4 and a half for good measure...

I would say that as long as you are getting 2 people doing the hair and makeup that sounds exactly correct!

If there are more than 2 then it should take less time though.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics