Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lauren
Beginner February 2019 Ontario

Hair & Makeup Artist Advice

Lauren, on January 2, 2019 at 21:17 Posted in Beauty 0 7

My wedding is on Feb 16th!! The company I have hired to do my hair/makeup for myself and my girls has been extremely flakey. I have e-mailed a number of times inquiring about a trial and have heard back sporadically nothing ever confirmed. I am getting VERY worried as I still haven't had my hair/makeup trial, and also concerned about them appearing on my wedding day.

Advice? Do I have a right to be worried, or am I blowing it out of proportion?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Alexandra, on January 4, 2019 at 03:35
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Reach out once more and then if they don’t respond you need to point out that by them not getting back to you with a time to book the trial they are not upholding their end of the contract and if they do not get back to you in x number of days you will take their lack of response as them failing to uphold their end of the contract and will be taking your business elsewhere.
  • Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say if you didn't already sign a contract, I would look somewhere else

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would be a little more aggressive and say it is coming up on 4-6 weeks and you need to lock down a trial date.

Give them 2-3 dates and times for your trial and advise them to pick one that works for them.

Maybe it’ll get the point across that they need to light a fire under them and get moving! Granted it was the holiday season but still - they should be in communication with you.
  • Lauren
    Lauren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Okay ladies thanks for the advice!
  • Lauren
    Lauren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks for the feedback ladies!

Unfortunately, the contract is not in my favour and states I have to pay the full service amount if I cancel less then 3 months. I'll reach out again, I suppose....

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with Helene! Check your contract if one is signed, read what it says about when the trial should be done (for instance mine says the trial should be 4-6 before the wedding, theres a lot of break down in times for mine!) I would send them a very forward email that you are getting worried about their commitment to your contract and you need to get things moving and secured asap or you are going to start looking elsewhere!
  • Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This would be way too stressful for me. In my opinion, you are not blowing it out of proportion. Check your contract if one is signed and, if you can, move on to someone else who shows they’re committed to you and your wedding day.
    Just my 2 cents.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics