Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Newbie June 2021 Ontario

Guild Inn Estate Experience?

Kelly, on September 29, 2019 at 08:17 Posted in Ontario 0 9

Hello!

My Fiancee and I are planning our wedding for 2021 and went to visit the Guild Inn Estate recently to understand pricing, packages fees etc. If you have worked with them in the past please read below

Our event manager that we spoke to, Lindsay, quoted us for 158.00 (tax and gratuity included in that price) a plate for our guest count of 300-350. This includes an antipasto bar, late night snack of poutine and the majestic entree (with regal starter and dessert) and the renaissance bar package (does not include dessert table).

With gratuity and tax added my fiancee and I feel that 158.00 is too steep for our budget of 350 people. A friend of mine who just booked her wedding hall at the Royalton stated that she got everything they've offered us and MORE for 110.00 all in (excluding gratuity) and advised that we should try and negotiate a better price with guild inn especially since we are bringing in that many guests.

As this is the first time planning a wedding I am not too familiar with the price ranges - I know that they are not offering a crazy price point per plate but i'd love to hear if anyone has tried to work with them in reducing the costs per-plate.

We are also looking at other wedding venues (ex, bellvue) to get a comparison of pricing and packages.

9 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on October 2, 2019 at 20:34
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went to my cousins wedding at the Guild Inn Estate and tbh I don't think it's worth what they're charging. The food was so-so, the late night tables were kind of crappy, and overall it just didn't seem "worth it".

For comparison sake, we got married at The Terrace Banquet Centre in Woodbridge and paid approximately $125 pp. This included a 7 hour open bar, antipasto bar, 3 course meal, and 2 late night tables. ALSO, I looked into about 40 venues in Woodbridge and Vaughan and few were more than $150 PP (that was on the high end too).

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Im booked at parkview manor in toronto. but there are tons of venues that are less than 100 pp including tax/tips. markham convention centre was nice and it was i think 80 pp. you have to search around to get the best price. there are literally hundreds of venues!

• Megan
    Curious November 2019 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm getting married at the Guild in November of this year! Really excited about it though my venue coordinator isn't the greatest, thank goodness for my day-of woman. She is the best. But I digress!
    It is definitely much cheaper in November (off peak time), we have about 140 guests - regal bar with pastry table, late night, 4 course with majestic entree - about $135 pp. I didn't shop around too much to be honest. I like the space and the food is really good! If you're bringing in that many people it would be 1.5 or 2 ballrooms? They should be able to work with you if you mention a budget.
  • K
    Newbie June 2021 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hello Ashley. What venue did you book at where it was 90 pp? was that also including tax and gratuity?

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ive heard they are super expensive!!! you have to venue shop. in summer season they will try and get you as much as possible. your venue alone with be like 50k thats way too much!! we got our venue at 90 pp for deluxe open bar, late night food and apps etc. that seems very pricey to me! i would contact other places if that were me! there are tons of amazing and beautiful venues you just have to check around

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Having to experience of getting quotes for packages all depends how many courses, late night oferring, dessert table and more as plated service or buffet style.

Year 2000, the parents of the couple paid over $100/guest for 1000 guests that covered 5 courses plated service and dessert table included. Hor D'ouvres were accounted in the price too.

I got married 2 years ago and the package per guest was $110. This included 5 Hor D'ouvres, 4 course meals plated service and late night service. Cake/pastry served with the dessert together no extra cost.

Venues in general are looking for what the offer and how many courses for the cost of what you get. Inquire what would $100 include if that is your budget and if it fits what you are happy with the results.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

And this is exactly why for our wedding we are going not only 45 minutes outside the city - but are going with a venue that we can bring our own outside catering and vendors to. Saving us literally 10's of thousands of dollars for our 200+ person wedding.

Highly recommend doing this or unfortunately you will run into quotes that are around $100-$125 (here in WPG... might be cheaper here in MB compared to ON obviously) and will break the bank. Most venues here had base prices of $30,000 and our entire budget was $20K-$25K

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went to a wedding last year at the Guild Inn and it was really nice I found the food really good and there was a lot of it.

I would definitely talk with the Guild Inn more about your budget and see if they can do a better price for you. The Guild Inn is a sister venue of our venue and I found our venue to be very accommodating and when we expressed we were interested they threw in a bunch of free additional things.

Our food cost is is normally $125/person, but we’re getting a discount on that since we’re an off season wedding. I think the $110 cost is on the lower end of food costs and $158 is close to average. Venues I researched quoted about $150/person
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t have experience with them but I find your pricing fairly average for a wedding during peak wedding season. I don’t think I received any quotes when I was looking for venues that were less than $160/person anywhere near/close/in or around Toronto.

I’m paying more than that (in Kleinburg) and I’m getting antipasto, open bar, 4 course meal, late night table and desserts. It includes the typical coffee, tea, espresso as well. We’re also getting drinks served early to the people doing photos with us before the reception since it’ll be stinking hot.

definitely shop around is my advice. At the end of the day, we loved our venue so regardless, we weren’t going to sacrifice the place we wanted to save money at a place we didn’t love. So that may be a decision you’ll have to make as well - everyone’s different there’s no wrong or right answer, you have to do what’s best for you (and your budget!).

Another thing to keep in mind is the prices will actually go up for venues late November-early December. We booked our venue in October 2018 for our July 2020 wedding to avoid a price increase.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics