Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Super August 2017 Alberta

Guestbook?

Bethany, on August 1, 2017 at 03:10 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 20
Where did everyone get their guestbook??? I see them at chapters all the time, do I buy that or somewhere specific? Does it matter? What did you ladies do? Post pics if you have them please!

20 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 1, 2018 at 14:51
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hallmark at the time it was sold.

Guestbook? 1
  • B
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I agree with you. You're right. It's not important to me so I shouldn't overthink it. Thanks
  • Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We will put it on a bookshelf with the rest of our books, lol. Don't over think it! If it isn't important to you, to have something decorative or super unique then just do a basic guestbook. We are doing unique/special details for other things, guestbook wasn't a priority for us.
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Good find! I don't think I would hang up a wooden guest book either. Mine was brand new too from Value Village.

• B
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I really like this!!! I wish I was more artistic to do this. I have ideas in my head of what would look good, but I don't like my execution lol
  • B
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh I like this!! Maybe I'll get something wooden like this for them to sign
  • B
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I agree but at the same time , what am I gunna do with a guest book when I only have like 45 guests coming lol. Im simple, not creative or diy, so I don't know what to do lol
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oooh I love all the guestbook ideas! You can be so creative with this, and it's a great place to incorporate your wedding theme if you have one! I also got our guestbook from Etsy - one day when we have a house we're planning on hanging it up as decor!

State-Shaped GuestbookState-Shaped Guestbook

• Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Love the ideas here. We found a pretty little guestbook (unused) on Varage Sale for $5 Smiley shame Brand new and simple. Realistically we don't want some big wooden thing with illegible signatures on it hanging in our home afterwards. Knowing us, we would never hang it Smiley xd
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Being the ultimate frugal bride, I got mine brand new from Value Village for $3.99. Then I bought some lovely 3D stickers and tastefully applied some to my basic black book with gold lettering spelling "Guests". I have some pearl stickers and strategically stuck them on the front. Inside, I place a poem that I had composed asking my guests to take a page and write us a note that we can read years later. It really turned out nice.

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are planning to do something similar but I think I am going to DIY it myself since I want it to be the same sort of fish as on our invitations. They are a pretty simple Silhouette so I should be able to do it without too much trouble.

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For ours, we got it at Michaels. We purchased a 16x20 guest photo frame form them to sign.
  • B
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hallmark yes! I didn't think about that. Good one
  • Tiffany
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You should check out your custom signs on etsy - she makes some creative guest books. I haven't placed my order yet but plan on getting one similar to the picture below... the guests sign the leaves !

Guestbook? 2
    https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/523329975/wedding-guestbook-wooden-sign-wooden?ref=shop_home_feat_3

• B
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I'm going to have to be original and get a simple one LOL since everyone now a days getting SUPER creative.
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have a similar idea as to what Chelsea is doing but ours is a picture of us from our engagement shoot with spaces for them to write their names in. It'll act as both a guestbook and art for our home later on. I know you don't have time to do this though. I guess you weren't kidding when you mentioned the guestbook on my post lol. What about just a simple guestbook..literally like a book? lol have the write you something in there. It's not very creative but at the very least it's a guestbook!

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't go with a normal guest book and one of my bridesmaids gifted us our wedding guest board that she ordered online! We got 2 gold markers that is able to write on this certain material and guests can leave a message on there and then we can hang this up in our home!

wedding guest boardwedding guest board

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We bought a nice thick paper sketch book, some markers and ink pads at Michael's and everyone is going to leave a thumb print and sketch a little person and message.

• Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think you can buy them anywhere. It just depends on your preference. We're not doing a traditional guestbook but the ones at Chapters are nice!
    If you're looking for something more wedding like, I've seen them at hallmark and davids bridal.
  • Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Bethany! Nice you are reaching out! Here I send you some ideas of other brides: Wedding guestbook vs wedding guestboard - Best original guestbook ideas - Wedding website - guestbook. I'm sure they can give you some inspiration. xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics