Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

G
Newbie September 2021 British Columbia

Guest accommodations near Sorrento B.C.

Gen, on February 12, 2020 at 13:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 5

Hi everyone,

I am planning a wedding for September 2021 near Sorrento B.C. I am desperate to find accommodations that will allow all my guests to stay together throughout the weekend. We have friends and family all over Canada and we want to be able to spend time with them outside of just the wedding day! Has anyone found or know of any affordable accommodations in the area?

5 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on February 18, 2020 at 16:52
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What about air bnbs? hotels? motels? can you rent a house?

• Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Welcome to the WeddingWire community, Gen Smiley smile

Some fantastic advice from the PPs. Are you looking for hotel accommodation or self-catering? Would Airbnb be a good option for you to look into?

• Carly
    Frequent user May 2022 British Columbia
    Carly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m assuming yes, but have you tried looking at Airbnb? There’s a Ton of places (though to be fair, I haven’t looked at your exact area) where you can rent entire houses or even private basement suites or guest houses. With the whole house, lots of people if there coming in may enjoy being in the same house with cousins they haven’t seen in a while, siblings that happen to live in other areas. If you wanted to take on the task (it’s a BIG task) I have heard of brides asking guests if they “wanted help connecting with private or shared accommodations” private would be connecting with room blocking’s within a hotel, but shared (such as a house) is cheaper when you rent a 3-5 bedroom place split between the people in a house
  • Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There are a ton of places in and around the area but it really depends on what you're looking for. If a hotel vibe is the feel you're going for, you may have to expand your area to Salmon Arm. If you're looking for more of a cottage, campground feel, there are a few in Sorrento itself but you'll have more options expanding out from there. As Vinod said, the internet is probably your best best at this point...

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I find the internet has great results for accommodations nearby the venue your hosting the wedding and reception. Room block for the amount of rooms needed at the discounted price with breakfast included for the guests.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics