Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Expert August 2021 British Columbia

Guaranteed tmi for many but...

Sarah, on February 29, 2020 at 17:18 Posted in Beauty 0 16
What the heck do you do if your cycle shows up on your wedding day?I’m still 6 months away from the big day and maybe it’s due to the stress of budgeting for a wedding, juggling kids and working 7 days but my cycle is out of whack. I’m absolutely terrified that it will show up just to ruin my big day.What can we do?Did this happen to anyone else?I’m worried about dealing with it in an off white ball gown dress.Any tips or tricks to avoid a bloody nightmare would be amazing!I don’t normally have any issues at that time of the month but wearing off white with the risk of aunt flow is making me hella nervous.

16 Comments

Latest activity by Sarah, on March 6, 2020 at 17:06
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Not on any birth-control but I will be sure to at least wear a liner 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If youre on the pill my gfs have skipped their period for their wedding month... mine is a week and a half after my wedding so im super happy!!! but bring some giant pads to make sure you have no issues!!! have one of your BMs hold them in their bag!

• Alysha
    Beginner May 2020 Ontario
    Alysha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mine was scheduled to come on my wedding day but with stress it's been late here and there so now it's no longer on track to come that day. BUT my plan was to wear a tampon (or whatever you use) as back up lol!

• Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yea that's what I though too!

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think I will have to do that as well.Nothing worse then having aunt flow show up while dancing.I usually get a solid week of signs that she’s coming but I don’t want my guests to be caught without supplies either.
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know exactly what you mean - wedding planning is stressful enough but life in general plus kids can definitely make it worse. This is the first month that my period is out of whack but I have a Fitbit that monitors everything for me so I have a general idea of when it will come. I am putting some tampons/pads in an Emergency Kit which will be at the reception hall for all my girls plus myself in the event that it is needed.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Like most I was on birth control and was able to set our wedding date accordingly so that it wouldn't interfere... If you aren't interested in going on birth control then I would say the best bet would be to just prepare for AF as if she will show up. Personally I would say tampon, pad (on underwear), with shorts!! I wouldn't want to chance an oopsie daisy.

• S
    Beginner July 2022 Ontario
    Shelley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ask your doctor about Fibristal.

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s just it I’m not on any form of birth control as my baby days are long over with two 12 year olds and a 14 year old and I haven’t had an OBGYN since the last babe.I will definitely talk to my doctor about it though thank you.
  • S
    Beginner July 2022 Ontario
    Shelley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No one wants that on their wedding day. Talk to your OBGYN. There are ways to prevent it all together either with your current birth control pill regiment or a different medication that prevents it all together. You can stop your period completely for three months. Enough time for the wedding and the honeymoon.

• Danielle
    Newbie June 2023 Ontario
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Glad I could help! Happy planning!
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Great suggestion thank you
  • Danielle
    Newbie June 2023 Ontario
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So, this is just a suggestion, but....

I use a diva cup instead of tampons. If you use one already I would just wear it that day.

IF you have not used one before, i suggest working out how to insert it in the next couple months, the first time or 2 can be a little tricky..and will leak if not inserted correctly.

But it'd give you 12 hours of worry free.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m also on birth control and will tweak my cycle a few months before.

If I wasn’t on birth control, I’d pack extra pads, underwear and midol just to be safe.
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m not on the pill at all and usually pretty regular like to the day regular but this stress has thrown me for a loop 🤦🏼‍♀️ I’m definitely tracking it from now on lol hoping for the best case scenario.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm on the pill so I'll be able to sort of schedule it by skipping placebo pills and having Aunt Flo arrive late on purpose. I've asked my doctor about it before to do this for trips and she said it's safe as long as you aren't skipping several in a row.

I've also heard of brides wearing panty liners just in case.
    The irregularity would be enough to make anyone nervous, but paying attention to your body (maybe even a period tracking app) so that you can recognize the symptoms a few days before is always a good idea.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics