Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Newbie June 2019 Ontario

Groomsmen Ties

Andrea, on December 11, 2018 at 09:37 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 16
Hey guys,
I’m having trouble choosing groomsmen ties. All my bridesmaids are in different shades of blue (navy,steel blue, and light blue). I originally thought to have light blue ties as my ring bears have light blue shorts and any decor I have in blue will most likely be light blue. The groomsmen are wearing grey dress pants, white shirt, and ivory suspenders. I know the tie is a little detail and most people probably won’t notice but I have no idea what will look good!! Help! (Also my fiancée is not the type to dress fancy so he has told me he has no idea and to chose what looks nice... not much help lol) If anyone has photos of mismatched bridesmaids colour dresses and what the groomsmen wore id love to see. Pintrest and google don’t have much only the bridesmaids.

16 Comments

Latest activity by Kelsey, on August 8, 2021 at 15:29
  • Kelsey
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Would love to see anyone's real life wedding pics with mismatched bridesmaids dresses and what tie colour/type you picked for your groomsen!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No problem! I think the gray/silver is the best way to ensure a good match, and save yourself the headache of trying to match the precise shades of blue! Also I like when the guys and girls are in complimentary colours, not matchy matchy.

Good luck!

• A
    Newbie June 2019 Ontario
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sorry I’m getting back so late haven’t been on here in awhile!!
    but that’s what I was wondering too didn’t know if the grey and silver would go or not but I’m glad someone else suggested this too!! Thanks 😊
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am the epitome of OCD matchy-matchy... And the first think that came to mind was silver. Whatever shade of silver you think best matches all 3 blues. It will match the white shirt/gray pants combo, you can go anywhere from a sterling silver (lighter) to a charcoal/gunmetal gray silver... It's neutral, the guys will get way more use out of wearing it again, and then there's no clashing! Also, I always like the idea of the guys looking more classic, which it think works better with a solid, complimentary, neutral colour.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! Good Luck on your search!

• A
    Newbie June 2019 Ontario
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Really that’s so interesting that be a cool idea and ease my mind on the matching!
  • A
    Newbie June 2019 Ontario
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes I’ll have to start looking around for the different patterned ties and see if I can find a nice one 😊
    Good luck to your friend I hope she finds it easier lol!!
  • Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol I agree! I am the exact same way. It would literally have to be identical for me to go that way. But it is another option!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I've been checking out some tie stores online and some even send swatches so you can match them to things before you buy!!
  • Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would do either the plaid/multi-coloured tie or have each groomsmen match the bridesmaids, which as you said, might be too much work lol.

I'm in my friend's wedding next year (and she's in mine) and she's doing mismatched bridesmaids so I'll suggest the patterned tie to her next time we talk!

• A
    Newbie June 2019 Ontario
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ah yes a stripped tie would be super nice!! Thank you 😊
  • A
    Newbie June 2019 Ontario
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!! One of my bridesmaid suggested the matching, I thought it was a good idea but a lot of work.. I might be a little to much of a perfectionist to try and match the ties lol.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree! This or a striped tie that can incorporate the other blues would look great as well!

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes the plaid is a great idea!

Or you could also try to match the tie of the groomsman to the dress of the woman he is partnered with. Could be a little bit harder, but some stores have a million colours lol

• A
    Newbie June 2019 Ontario
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That is such a good idea!! Thank you! I love the plaid 😊
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think this is a good chance to do patterned blue ties!! Like a design or a plaid that works in a bunch of the blues all at the same time??

Groomsmen Ties 1

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics