Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Newbie May 2019 California

Great Skin Care Suggestions

Jessicka, on December 4, 2018 at 17:18 Posted in Beauty 0 8

Hey ladies, I'm new here and this week I'm really putting a lot of thought into getting my skin care routine sorted out in prep for the big day. I'd love to get some ideas from you guys' routine, maybe share some tips as well. Right now I'm planning on sticking with Rodan and Fields. I don't know if anyone else is going with them but I LOVE their products anyways. I found this great read that was shared with me the other day that has a good base of things to start with. Author shares some good info both on the brand / product suggestions as well as just as what you might want to consider for looking your best on the big day. Check it out, it's worth the read!

Getting Ready for Your Big Day!

8 Comments

Latest activity by Brittany, on December 6, 2018 at 17:42
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Interesting... I may try this. Ease of use is a huge thing for me too.
  • J
    Jessicka ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm going to see if I can check this out, i like the thought of exfoliating but my last attempt was so disasterous, I literally had a rash for weeks. But I have lots of time at this point so i'll make a note to check it out, it's worth a shot!

• J
    Jessicka ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah definitely better to do it sooner than later, but 6.5 weeks is enough for things to calm down if you have a reaction, my skin is super sensitive so i need to be really careful

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am SOOO bad when it comes to a skin care routine. but the past few weeks I have been trying to get better at it. I have a lot of redness to my skin. and am sensitive. yesterday at Sephora while getting a foundation. the girl asked if I ever exfoliate. I said nope. she gave me one of these to use in the store. and sent me home with stuff. and said use these every other to every 3rd day. and yesterday it just worked SOOOO well. really calmed my face down. and they are not that expensive (especially if not using daily).

exfoliatorGreat Skin Care Suggestions 1

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I neeeeed to get on track with this! My skin care routine is: I don't wear face make up often enough to cause breakouts, but I remember to use my face scrub in the shower.

I don't have a specific cleaner/cleanser, no moisturizing routine, no bed time routine... I won a 5 pack of under eye treatments in January at a Wedding Fair. I've been saving them to do weekly the 5 weeks leading up to the wedding (if there's any reaction, I have 5 weeks to recover from the first one)...

I really should go browse the drug store and look for some simple items I can use... Like, now. I have 6.5 weeks to go!

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It took a while before finding something that actually worked without giving me a serious rash or breakout!

My friends wouldn't stop talking about DECIEM's The Ordinary. How it's a fraction of the price of brand products from Sephora and actually works.

So I sent them an email asking for skincare routine suggestions (I swear, they tell you to do this on their website!!), since their website is a tad difficult to navigate when you first visit it! They got back to me within a week with an AM and PM routine.

I started out slow, with 3 products and I'm hooked! My skin never felt so hydrated, radiant and clear. I'm definitely going to be adding more of their products to my AM/PM routine. Plus, it doesn't break the bank!

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Jessicka! Welcome to the Wedding wire community!

Personally, my skin is just a constant blemish-y mess and nothing I’ve tried so far helps. I’ll probably figure something out closer to the date but I don’t want to mess with anything too much because I’ll break out more!

It’s awesome that you have something that just works for you! Especially when it comes to prepping for your big day!
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m kind of all over the place when it comes to my skincare routine because at the end of the day I really just want to go to bed lol!
    I have both a scrub and a regular face wash in the shower ( I used to work for The Body shop so I use all their products). I try to do a scrub Atleast 3 times a week and then if my skin is super dry I will tone and use a serum. If not just a night time moisturizer!

I also have a FOREO ( I think that’s what it’s called lol), got it in a fabfitfun box but they have them at Sephora. That has helped get a deeper clean/ scrub.

Then when I have time I will do a face mask!

Its great that you are thinking about this now because you don’t want to start anything super new too close to the big day and have to worry about reactions to products

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics