Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Devoted August 2021 Nova Scotia

Good-ish news in NS today?!

Kl, on June 26, 2020 at 13:34 Posted in Nova Scotia 0 5

Hey all!

As I’m sure many fellow Nova Scotians know by now, the Premier and Dr. Strang announced fairly significant increases to gathering limits earlier this afternoon. The rundown:
- Up to 250 people can gather at OUTDOOR events, provided the event is hosted by a recognized business (eg a professionally managed wedding venue)

- INDOOR event venues can now hold up to 200 people OR 50% of their allowable capacity, whichever is less

- Gatherings not run by a business (eg a backyard wedding) are still limited to 50 people

This is obviously good news for couples holding out for summer 2020! The catch is that venues are still required to enforce physical distancing, which I think is kind of a bummer for weddings—not to mention impractical when you have hundreds of people gathering together. Anyone else have thoughts? Or is anyone reconsidering their plans in light of this news?!

5 Comments

Latest activity by Kl, on June 30, 2020 at 09:55
  • K
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Crossing my fingers for you!! 💕
  • Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is fantastic news!!!!
    I hope the same comes to Ontario soon! I do agree having physical distancing in place is almost IMPOSSIBLE for a wedding. How do you do dancing, how are you supposed to seat people 6ft apart ect.
    A lot of complications, but its great to hear none the less. I am still holding out and hoping we are good for October 9th 2020 in Ontario! Smiley ups

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH and I still chose to postpone our October wedding earlier this year. We had a feeling even when events were allowed to have larger guest counts that social distancing would still be required.

We want to be able to hug our guests, and get close on the dance floor, so fingers crossed for 2021

• Alison
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Alison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's exciting news! But I agree would still be awkward for weddings with the social distancing. I'm in Ontario so this doesn't affect me, but I think we are set on our small backyard ceremony this August and postponed big wedding next summer (even if things changed here before then). It does make me hopeful for some couples though! Friends of ours set to get married this October have decided they are going ahead with their date either way, so if this does happen in Ontario eventually she would be thrilled!

• K
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I should add that all of this is effective July 3!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics