Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Gifts for your wedding party

Joey, on April 20, 2019 at 14:05 Posted in Before the wedding 0 15

Are you giving gifts to the people participating in your wedding? Are they all getting the same gift, or will they be unique to each person? When are you giving them out?

Gifts for your wedding party 1

Photo by Scade Photography in Edmonton

Gifts for your wedding party 2

Photo by Sila Photography in Walkerton

15 Comments

Latest activity by BunnyBride, on September 7, 2019 at 12:16
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you giving gifts to the people participating in your wedding? Are they all getting the same gift, or will they be unique to each person? When are you giving them out?I don't know about my FH side of the family or bridal party, but I am going to with my side! We agreed that everything having to do with their side of the bridal party was each of our decisions separately regarding gifts, getting ready, etc. We are helping them with the tux rental/bridesmaid dress cost...so I guess that qualifies as a gift?

I'm paying for my bridal party gals to have hair and make-up done the day of too (and see about the equivalent for my bridesman). Only rule is they can't carbon copy me. :-P

Every will be something unique to the person.

My MOH - She got an actual proposal box. I made two personalized aprons and chef's hats with Minions fabric (she's obsessed with them) on them (she's a chef by trade and starting a cooking Youtube channel), a chocolate bar, and a small item from Lush.

Bridesmaid - HUGE D&D fan. I am trying to find a couple nice Dungeon Master or D&D item on Etsy that isn't too expensive...or a gift card for an escape room. (She has allergies so can't go the food/beauty route)

Bridesman - Set of bamboo/wooden cooking utensils I personalized (wood burned the name of his cooking YouTube channel on them, small chocolate treat, and a couple small item from LUSH...and a very large container of chip dip (inside joke).

I'm also trying to figure out a hostess thank you gift for my mom where she'll be doing my bridal shower...but no specific ideas yet. (any suggestions are welcome!)

• Rachael
    Beginner August 2019 Alberta
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m doing Alex and Ani bracelets for my bridesmaids. Not sure what the groom is doing for the guys yet.
  • Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We only have 2 bridesmaids and 2 groomsmen, so we are getting fairly pricey gifts. They are all family too, so I think the splurging is justified. I got the bridesmaids royal doulton figurines. We are thinking of cuff links for the groomsmen, but we haven't bought anything yet.

Gifts for your wedding party 3
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are giving gifts to our wedding party

The groomsmen are getting a shot glass, flask, beer soap and a multi/pocket tool. Everything but the beer soap is personalized to the groomsmen.

The bridal party are getting shot glasses, fruity soap, a keychain or necklace, and a little compact mirror all but the mirror and soap is personalized to them.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got my bridesmaids some makeup, compact mirrors with their names on them and mini bottled of champagne with personalized thank you labels.
    My fiance got his groomsmen personalized bottle openers and beer with personalized labels.
    We will give them to them the morning or the wedding when we are getting ready.
  • Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't give any proposal gifts so I ended up getting the bridesmaids a ceramic jewelry box and inside was a necklace. Mine were a little different depending on the girls favourite colors and style of necklaces. My husband got his groomsmen ties and socks. They all happened to be matching since they all were in the same field of work.

They were given during the morning prep session and the photographers were there to capture some moments prior to leaving the house.

Trinket/Jewelry BoxesGifts for your wedding party 4

Ties from the Tie BarGifts for your wedding party 5

SocksGifts for your wedding party 6

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It will be something small for the girls as we gave them proposal gifts prior- guys will have something nice though.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My parents and FHs parents will get a gift, along with my sister as MOH.

my FHs brother who is BM isn’t getting a gift as we are buying his suit for the wedding. So that’s his gift from us.

Everyone else’s gift will be unique to them. Our families are very different so the same gift likely wouldn’t jive with one or the other.

I think we’ll give them the day of the wedding!
  • Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We'll be giving gifts to our bridal party. I'm not sure what yet. I might do a nice necklace for the bridesmaids. Is that a nice gift? Then my fiance was thinking of getting the groomsmen an axe with their names on them.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We sure are! We will be giving something to our GM/BM's and Parents!

The GM's will probably all get the same thing, the BM's will get their own as well but theirs may be more unique to each of them.

As for when they get their gifts - probably the rehearsal dinner if I choose things that would be helpful for the day of the wedding and if I forget (which I do 9/10 times) then they will get them the morning of the wedding when we are getting ready!

• Kassandra
    Frequent user May 2020 Alberta
    Kassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Same gift but different style for each one. I'll be getting something for both my Mom and Stepmom as well.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding party (2 MOHs and 2 BM Best Man) received the same gift. MOHs got a sampler perfume box with their choice of perfume to pick. BM both got Calvin Klein cologne sets. Nothing more or less keeping our costs minimal.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The bridesmaids/groomsmen will get similar gifts, but have personal elements. Our parents will also be given gifts, along with our flower girl/ring bearer
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We plan on doing small gifts for the wedding party. For the ladies most likely a bag and personalized bottle. The guys we are unsure of yet. Our flower girl and ring bearer have already gotten shirts for part of their gift.
    Everyone will get theirs on the morning of!
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're giving gifts to our parents, our flower girl, my maid of honour, his best man, and his siblings. They will be different things, though, because everyone has different tastes. My mom loves jewelry, so I'm getting her a personalized locket, while his mom would probably prefer perfume or something.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics