Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Becca
Curious October 2019 Ontario

Gifts for Kids in the Wedding - help!

Becca, on September 20, 2017 at 09:01 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 10

Hey all!

So my wedding has a 3yo and a 10mo flower girl, a 4yo ring bearer, a 6yo boy and an 8yo boy who will be helping the little kids down the aisle, and two ushers, an 12yo girl and a 14yo boy.

Yes, i do feel like there's a million kids in my wedding lol

I'm wondering about gifts for them. Should i just give them jewelry, even if they wont care about it until they're older? Should i give them something fun that kids would actually like? Should i give them all different gifts because they're all such different ages?

Any ideas would be wonderful!

10 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 8, 2018 at 10:10
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My cousin brought this little offering for the kids. A really thoughtful gift which kept them busy.

Gifts for Kids in the Wedding - help! 1
  • Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Maybe like a treat bag with some colouring books or toys of some sort.
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Kids love toys and candy. A combination of the two would be good.

• Kelsey
    Curious August 2018 Alberta
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was thinking stuffed animals, or bubbles. But with them being such different ages that does make it a bit more difficult! If your having an outdoor wedding you could do something cool like set up a bouncy castle off to one side so they can have a blast!

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I feel like the younger they are, the easier it would be for me.

Maybe you can organize a day where you take them to a store and let them pick out something special with you as their gift. No guess work and it feels special for them to spend time with you. Or get the parents of the youngest ones to help with something they would like/need.

The 12y/o girl may appreciate having jewelry to wear for the wedding or maybe cufflinks for the 14 y/o? Something for the day of the wedding that makes them feel sort of grown up?

• Tavia
    Newbie October 2018 Ontario
    Tavia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would do something fun, I will be doing something similar since I have multiple kids attending my wedding with different ages. For example my youngest cousin is 14 years and loves Marvel comics, so my fiancee and I are gathering up some vintage comics for him to enjoy.

If you know what they enjoy get them something along those lines, they will definitely appreciate it!

• L
    Curious October 2018 New Brunswick
    Lyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Age appropriate gifts would definitely be a good idea. Dolls, stuffed animals, coloring books, bubbles, candy/chocolate, Play Doh, cheap lil dinky cars, kid books, fruit gummy snacks, nail polish, water bottle with their name on it, dollarstore craft kits... The Dollarstore would be your best bet for cheap little gifts for the kiddos. ☺
  • Kathy
    Devoted June 2018 Ontario
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would definitely say to get age appropriate gifts for each one because there is such a range between ages. I have 4 kids in my wedding party, but they are all around the same age so I am getting them all similar gifts (bracelets for the flower girls, nerf gun for the ring bearer lol). But we have A LOT of kids attending the reception so I am putting together goody bags for them to keep them all busy.

• Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am giving the kids at my wedding a colouring book with crayons and a water bottle that has their name on it. The kids in my wedding range from 5yo-11yo.

Maybe just get the 14yo boy and 12yo girl something a little different than the younger kids.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think age appropriate gifts would be the best option since the ages are all over the place.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics