Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Frequent user August 2022 Ontario

Gifting Bridal Party makeup applications💄

Keri, on June 9, 2019 at 19:24 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12
Hey there! What are ppl’s thoughts with makeup applications and the bridal party? I’m considering gifting this to my party (MOH, 2xBM’s & maybe my stepmom’s) as a thank you... Anyone else done this? Or have you stuck with little gifts for them & they pay for their own makeup? Thoughts?

12 Comments

Latest activity by Keri, on June 10, 2019 at 21:59
  • K
    Keri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Deziray. I think it’s a nice gesture for sure, and I want them to be pampered a bit too!
  • K
    Keri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks, me too! 😊 I’m really wanting to lessen as much financial stress for them as possible (I have been in many weddings where that wasn’t considered, and it’s really awful!) and I think it’s a great thing to gift.
  • Deziray
    Curious August 2019 Ontario
    Deziray ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was planning on doing this. A couple of my girls have mentioned that they can't afford to get both their hair and makeup done. So I think I might just pay the difference for them.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the idea of gifting makeup applications to the bridal party. I think it's a great gift and something that not everyone who's in a bridal party can afford on their own.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Every bride is different in the way they see how pay for the wedding party.

Your part of the getting ready is fair since you haven't given any gifts or anything. Others go out more for what they want to do beyond their budget.

My husband and i did purchase gifts for the wedding party as MOHs got sampler box of perfumes they chose their scent and BM (Best Men) got Calvin Klien cologne sets.

You are paying for enough and a Thank you card is enough with a personal message.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think every wedding is different - but I won't be paying for the makeup to be done. I don't like how it's paying for something for my own benefit (I mean, it's so they look a certain way for my wedding and my pictures). With that being said - I wouldn't make them pay for it. If I'm the one forcing it on them then I would pay. As it is, they can do their own makeup. Heck, they can go without any makeup at all!

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Every wedding I have been in we pay for our own makeup and then get a small gift- all depends on your budget your gift. I would ask them what they would prefer- some girls rather cover that or some would like a keepsake

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I only have one person standing with me - my sister. For her I paid for her dress and make up and hair.

i really like the idea of giving them a gift that’s practical so paying for the make up is a perfect idea to me!
  • K
    Keri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Madisyn. I really think so too. And I like the idea of earrings or something to wear the day of too! Been considering something sweet like that. 😊
  • K
    Keri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds nice, Casey! I really like the idea of gifting makeup & hair for them, it honestly makes more sense to me. Such a lovely thing to have them sharing the day with me, I want to thank them (and not be a financial burden for them!). And having a simple little “takeaway” gift is really sweet too! I’m thinking that’s what I’ll do as well (leaning towards pashminas that they’ll wear that day). Thanks!
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am going to be paying for the hair and makeup for my girls as a thank you. Then I will most likely do a personalized cup and then some hair ties that say “ bridesmaid”. Just something simple!
  • Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm paying for my girls' hairstyling as my big 'gift' to them, and I'm thinking of pairing it with a set of earrings to wear on the day of and hopefully to keep. If you want professional makeup/hair done for your crew, I think it's best if you front the cost and consider it part of their gift.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics