Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Curious December 2017 Ontario

Gift Exchange- Bride and Groom

Ranaaaaaa, on September 18, 2017 at 12:12 Posted in Just married 0 11

Hi-

Is anyone else exchanging gifts with the FH on the day of the wedding?

If so- what are you exchanging?

11 Comments

Latest activity by Ashleigh, on September 22, 2017 at 22:34
  • Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not sure about this yet but I like the idea of exchanging cards the morning of.
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We exchanged cards on the day of the wedding. I would definitely recommend it because when you read the card, it helps to make things feel more real! I started crying just opening the card haha. My photographer took some pictures of me reading it and our videographer filmed my husband reading his. I gave my husband a nice watch (he collects them) and had our wedding date engraved on the back. I gave it to him in advance though so he would plan to wear it on our wedding day. My husband wanted to give me a Disney painting as my wedding gift but we haven't picked one out yet so that's still TBD!

• Erin
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We decided to write each other a sweet note for us to open on the morning of the wedding day. we decided to forego the gift giving since we do not really need anything. we felt like the personal note idea was a nice option since its still something we can open on the day and keep as well.

• R
    Ranaaaaaa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is really amazing! What a great idea
  • Becca
    Curious October 2019 Ontario
    Becca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

From the first day that we were engaged i began writing in a little black note book very time he did something that reminded me why i loved him. "Thank you for bringing home dinner tonight", "you rubbed my shoulders after i'd had a hard day", "i loved our date night tonight" etc. I'm going to give it to him on the eve of our wedding, right before we say goodbye for the night. I call it the little book of our love lol Im really excited about it and it was only 2$ to buy the notebook!

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's a great idea! He can wear it at the wedding and after the wedding it's a nice reminder of you in his every day life Smiley catface
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We aren't doing gifts. We decided to put the money towards our honeymoon fund Smiley smile

• R
    Ranaaaaaa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love the sentiment. I was thinking of getting him a watch.

• R
    Ranaaaaaa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was thinking of a watch as well. Thanks!

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've got him a gift. He was so bummed that I didn't get him the watch he wanted for Christmas so I'm pretty sure he'll be excited to get it for the wedding. He keeps forgetting that he should be getting me a gift too. I'm thinking I may give him his gift after the rehearsal dinner when we get home...one of our last quiet moments until after the wedding.

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't know if he's getting me anything, he said he wants to he just hasn't decided yet. I made him a kind of music video using videos and photos of us over the years to one of our favourite songs.
    What about you??

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics