Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Steph
Expert June 2022 Ontario

Gift budget

Steph, on August 23, 2019 at 17:14 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 34
Hey everyone!

Just curious what an average budget would be for the bridal party gifts? I was going to give them a robe and cover the cost for their hair and makeup, but that's coming out to a good 150 each. I only have 1 BM and 1 MOH, so I would've done it for my mom and grandma too...

Any thoughts would be great! Thanks! ❤ xoxox

34 Comments

Latest activity by Emily, on August 27, 2019 at 21:56
  • Emily
    Expert September 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Definitely! I’m excited Smiley smile
  • Stephanie
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We picked our wedding date to fall after her 19th birthday so that she can have an actual toast with us Smiley smile

• Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Amazing! I'm checking that out tonight for sure!
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Do it! i got my wedding bouquet on there for $20 and it is beautiful!! i got all my wedding party gifts and a bunch of decor from there as well!

• Melanie
    Curious August 2019 Alberta
    Melanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I really shopped around and went to people I know, to get a discount
  • Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I keep hearing about aliexpress, I should go check it out finally!
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Me too the catcus' are so cute!! you could also check on aliexpress for items. i got the girls entire proposal boxes for less than $20 each! i got them cactus luggage tags, sanitizes, sun glasses and a few other cute things for so cheap!

• Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that's fair! My girls are really only responsible for planning the bachelorette, my mom and I have pretty much got the rest covered lol but I like your reasoning
  • Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's very true! I have a while to make some decisions, so I'll keep looking for ideas.
  • K
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Katrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m looking to spend about $100 per bridesmaid for their gifts. I want it to be worth it since they are responsible for so much during the planning.
  • Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Omg I love cactus! That would be so pretty! And yes I'm very lucky to have them on my special day and always, I know they'll be appreciative of anything and everything. So hard to put a price to it but the budget needs to spread lol
  • Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Definitely writing a thank you for each, we're a very emotional bunch! lol
  • Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's awesome! Only 60?? I would've expected more with all the personalizing, what a great find!
  • Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow! 8 sounds exciting! That's so great you have a friend to do the makeup, that helps a lot.
  • Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ohh a nails appt would be good too! I like that idea. I agree that the makeup isn't really hard, but I'm the only one of my friends and family that is really into it so I'd rather bring someone in so I don't have the stress of hair and makeup for 5 people on my special day. If my friends could do it I'd buy them wine and hire them lol
  • Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's so exciting! Your daughter as your MOH will be super special! My wedding is next fall so we do have time but it's flying so quickly, I just want to be prepared now so I don't have any number shock when it comes time for all the payments. lol
  • Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    5 wonderful women to stand with you on your special day sounds fantastic! Lots of love to surround you ❤
  • Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's awesome! I'm thinking 125 is a reasonable budget, thank goodness
  • Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oohhh that would be perfect!!! I'm glad to know all of that can be done for 125! That's what I'm gonna aim for
  • Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love that! I wanted to do their dresses for them but at like 300 each I know I can't. Hair and makeup is probably safe and I know they'll appreciate it
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They definitely didn't become your BM or MOH for gifts. Thoughtful gifts that let's them know you really thought about them (at a time it's all about you and hubby) will go a long way. The price isn't as important as the thought behind it.
  • Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds beautiful! I know they're not expecting anything but I want to do something special for them. I guess it'll just depend on the prices for the hair and makeup artists
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its what you can afford. theyre not doing this for gifts theyre there for you cuz theyre your bffs! i bought my girls small glass matching cactus jewelry plates and wrote them a nice individual note each. i wouldnt stress about a figure to spend on them!

• Sasha
    Newbie October 2020 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wouldn’t stress about it to much, they’re there to share the day with you. Do something thoughtful and unique to them. Write a thank you letter for the day of too, they will appreciate it!
  • Melanie
    Curious August 2019 Alberta
    Melanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have a large wedding party 5 girls 5 guys. I got everyone robes and a personalized hanger and pocket watches for the guys. And a personalized champagne flutes. The gifts ended up being about $60 each. Spend what you can afford. Most bridesmaids expect to pay their own makeup and hair.
  • Emily
    Expert September 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have 8 so it’s not in my budget unfortunately, my wedding party will be paying their own. However I have a family friend doing the makeup for a low price and hair we are doing ourselves.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have 1 MOH and 4 BM - for 5 girls I have set my budget for them to be $100 each. They bought their own dresses ($200/each) and we aren't getting our hair and makeup professionally done as one of the BM is a hair stylist and makeup really isn't that hard to do IMO... I've asked them what they would like and I think that the consensus was to take them out to get their nails done and maybe some waxing or eyebrow shaping.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your MOH being your daughter is priceless to go for what you get her. The BMs budget is good and reasonable to give for what you have thought out.

For your mother and Grandmother, getting them a personal gift will be nice and to remember along with their hair and make up done with you.

• Stephanie
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I also feel as though it is what you are comfortable with.

I am trying to figure this out as well, although my wedding isn't until next summer so I have some time. My MOH is my soon to be 19 year old daughter, so I'll be buying her dress regardless and paying for hair and makeup. My bridesmaid is my sister.

• S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Following.
    I have 5🙄
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm paying for my 3 girls' makeup and some extra home spa items. I'm aiming for it to come to $125ish as well.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think whatever is in your budget. I am paying for my girls hair and makeup, and then got them each a personalized water bottle and a little “bridesmaid” hair elastic. Everything is about $125 a girl

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics