Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cindy
Devoted July 2019 Ontario

Getting Ready Preparation

Cindy, on April 18, 2018 at 18:25 Posted in Before the wedding 0 12
Hi everyone I was thinking about getting ready at the hotel with the bridesmaids and in a different room the men can get ready. In terms of "hosting" the getting ready, what are your plans? We'll probably be getting ready from 8 to 2. Are you ordering food? Drinks? Coffee runs? What kind of food will you be preparing? Will you be providing meals for photographer and make up artists? I know I also plan on giving the gifts at this time. I hope there is not any last minute things that have to get done at this time. Am I forgetting anything to do at this time? Just trying to figure out a rough budget for this time too.

12 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on April 21, 2018 at 01:19
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are starting to get ready at 9 so I will provide lunch but not breakfast. Nothing too big though as every wedding I've been in before we barely ate! There was too much excitement going on to think of eating! I think just a fruit and vegetable tray, crackers and cheese, maybe a couple sandwiches. It will just be laid out and I will let the make-up artist/photographer know they can help themselves as well.

I think giving the gifts then is a good idea! It will get too busy later to give them out. Other than that, I wouldn't worry about anything else!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We don't know all of the logistics yet but for sure there will be food/coffee/drinks available for the bridal party. Budget-wise, it depends on how many people will be getting ready together and what's available nearby.

• Cindy
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    What a great idea about the rental of a B n B
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My girls and I (and my mom) are getting ready at my house from 8:30ish till 2PM when the limo picks us up. I'll have breakfast, tea and coffee available when everyone arrives and a light lunch as well around 12PM. I'll make sure to include our hair stylist and make up artist when I offer food as well. I'm going to give my girls their gifts as soon as they arrive that morning.

The groomsmen probably will get together at 12 to get ready, and the photographer is showing up at 1:30PM to take their photos. I'm not planning to serve them lunch, that's up to my FH to think about.

Our photographers will be fed dinner that night.

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're renting an Air B&B condo (where we're staying the night before and after the wedding) with great personality for the pictures. We're getting ready from 7-12. Bridesmaids will get ready on the main floor, and the groomsmen will be downstairs in the games room (foosball table, gaming system, wet bar). The photographer can go up and down easily.

I also have this image in my head of when the boys go out/come back for their hot shaves of the bridesmaids panicking, giggling and trying desperately to block his view of me. It amuses me.

We're going to have munchies for the ladies and the gents (pastries, fruit and veggie trays, etc) - breakfast-y stuff that's small and easy to eat, mimosas/champagne for the ladies and beer for the gents. Coffee, tea, water, juice will also be there. Before we leave at 12:15, we'll have small sandwiches available too.

We're doing our first look and pictures before our ceremony, so we'll also have small snacks for in the prep room at the church.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When I got ready we had some pastries and baked goods in the morning and a sandwich platter around lunch. We got ready from 9-3:30. Makeup artist and hair stylist did pick at the food though both were quite busy and had also brought some of their own snacks (I assume due to previous experience). We were getting ready at my uncle's house so we had access to all the coffee/tea and water we wanted.

• Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're getting ready in the morning, from 7am-1pm. Since it's going to be at my place I plan to split my kitchen island into sections. I'm going to have a mimosa bar and coffee/tea section. I'll also be doing croissants and bagels with cream cheese/jam etc. And a platter of fresh fruit.

For the guys, they are getting ready at the venue around 10am. My FIL will be coming to pick up smaller versions of the croissant/bagel test and fruit platter. They aren't big eaters lol

My make up artist and hairstylist are friends of mine (perks of being in the spa industry myself!) So they are of course included in the food although I don't think they will have time.

My photographers aren't showing up until I get in the chair around 11am, I doubt they will be eating with us. Nothing was ever mentioned about lunch. But the food is there if they would like.
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love mimosas! And I’m giving my girls glasses too Smiley smile no problem!
  • Cindy
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes we have to provide dinner for our photographer the night of but nothing was said about lunch. I would probably offer as it would be awkward for me otherwise. I like the suggestion of sandwiches. Subway or Costco sound like easy and cheaper options than the hotel. Thank you.

• Cindy
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Jennifer I was thinking mimosas too because I will be giving them glasses. Have to make use out of them. Subway is a great idea. Sandwiches would be easy.
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The ladies are getting ready at our place while the guys are getting ready at a groomsmen’s house. I was thinking fruit and mimosas for breakfast (coffee and tea as well) and that when one of the moms comes For hair and makeup they could bring us lunch with them or me and my MOH will prep something the day before. I think the make up artist and photographer ensure they eat before they start but I like to offer anyways.
    I was in a wedding once where someone’s mom brought us a tray from Subway which was really appreciated since we didn’t have breakfast and were statving by lunchtime lol
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would ask your vendors if they require anything. If you have the budget to include them, you can offer it, but unless specified in their contract, you are not responsible for providing them food (my DJ requires us to include him in the head count for dinner).

I haven't 100% decided on where the girls/guys will get ready, but I'm thinking initial breakfast will be up to them, and then perhaps get a nice, light lunch/snacks for the groups (sandwich trays, fruit, veggies)... you will want to keep it light, as everyone is stepping into their formal wear.

Also bottled water to keep everyone hydrated. Maybe some mimosas/champagne for a toast, whisky or beers for the guys?

Your hotel may offer some room service options as well... up to your budget... a Costco/grocery store sandwich tray will be much less expensive than room service for a dozen people.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics