Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Natasha
Devoted June 2019 Ontario

Getting ready photos - help!

Natasha, on January 7, 2019 at 11:40 Posted in Beauty 0 11
I am working on my day off timeline and my photographer mentioned I should be ready by time they get there so hair and makeup should be done before they get there and then they will take my getting ready pictures. Did your getting ready pictures include getting hair and makeup done? Or is that not really necessary ? Let me know your thoughts.

11 Comments

Latest activity by Alycia, on February 1, 2019 at 17:45
  • Alycia
    Expert March 2020 Ontario
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That’s an interesting idea, I’m talking about doing the pre time too, but after reading this, I wonder if I should possibly reconsider and just have her come after I’m ready.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had my hair done and was in the process of getting my makeup done when the photographer arrived. But honestly, the pics of me getting my makeup aren’t that interesting!
  • A
    Curious June 2019 British Columbia
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think I'm partially of the same mind as everyone else here. On the one hand, I agree that it's a bit of a waste of money for the photographer to be there for the whole part- it takes a while, and that is precious time they could take pictures of you later when you and everyone are all ready. However, I wouldn't mind pictures while I'm only partially or not at all made up, I don't mind my bare face and think those shots could be a lot of fun, cute behind the scenes, progress, etc. I would probably just say that the bridal party who is all getting it done at that time would be allowed to get those photos, and I'll probably bring my camera as well so whoever wants to can snap them.

• Natasha
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks ladies for the insight. I am now understanding the concept. I will do as most of you are and let them come once I’m all dolled up.
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Most of the weddings I've been in, the "getting ready" photos have been once your hair and make up is done. so its you getting dressed/in your robes with girls if you are doing that. I've also seen some where the makeup artist is just finishing up (like touching up lipstick).

personally i don't want my photographer there until after hair and make up is done because i don't want the mess on the table in the photos (aka...all the products/tools etc)

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nah! Be ready in maybe a "getting ready" robe with your girls! Have your hair and makeup done! You wont want to look at photos of you guys without the hair and makeup done, and you wont want to share those ones either haha! The "getting ready" pics is mainly for getting dressed! Having the photo of your MOH/Mom doing up the back of your dress, getting your jewellery on, veil. The photos are more for the party with your girls before hand and the final touches!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It really depends on how long you have your photographer for and how long it will take for everyone to get hair and makeup done.

In my opinion, I don't want to waste a couple hours of my photographer being there to get the whole process. I am hoping for them to show up when we are almost done, and then get the dressing pictures.

I can have someone in my wedding party/ parents/ family take pictures while we are getting ready.

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It depends onw hat you want. My hair will be done and my makeup almost finished by the time my photographer gets there. She'll get a few pictures of the last final touches on my makeup being done, then get the dress pictures, etc.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our getting ready photos will be us with hair and makeup done, to get a shot of the dress and accessories before putting them on. we are doing minimal getting-ready photos.

• Natasha
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ok thanks tori.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am having a close friend be my photographer so she will most likely get ready with us - but that seems okay to me. I wouldn't want many getting ready pictures of myself until after a face of makeup is put on Smiley tongue

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics