Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Super August 2018 Alberta

Getting ready

Amanda, on January 31, 2017 at 16:54 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 15
Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone could help me out or even just give me some ideas...
Where you guys are getting ready? Getting all done up, getting dressed? I'm having an 11 o'clock ceremony, so I'll have to be up pretty early to start getting ready. And the photographer I'm looking at has a "Getting Ready" photo shoot included in the package. It's about a 45 minute drive from my apartment out to my ceremony location and they don't have any "suites" out there, they're just a garden. And my apartment isn't big enough (or nice enough) to have everyone in (there would be at least 6 people) and do pictures. I was wondering if you guys had some suggestions for me??
Thanks Smiley heart

15 Comments

Latest activity by Natasha, on February 1, 2017 at 15:12
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

it was perfect for us as I wanted and needed somewhere away from our house for the night before .. as my FH would need the house because my son is staying with him and he deserves his own bed before a big event like that .... and it will be a nice evening away just me and my bestie (moh) to destress and have a girls night before I become a married woman ... plus I love that breeakfast was included so it will ensure that I eat the day of ... and its an amazing room for me and my new husband to return to the night of our wedding

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Now that this idea has been mentioned... all I've been doing is researching good hotels. Definitely seems like the way to go!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are only having the MOH and Best Man. We want everyone to enjoy our day with us, so everyone is invited, but there is no expectations of anyone. Smiley heart
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Me and my ladies are getting ready in the hotel suite I have booked for the night before where me and my MOH will be staying and where me and my FH will be staying the night of our wedding .... they are doing it up all lovely for our return after our reception ... it has plenty of room for all us ladies to get ready for the big day

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Amanda! I like the suggestions you got from Valerie and Sam, I think they're two great options! Maybe you could take a look at booking your makeup and hair near your venue to make your choice and see if you can get ready together at the salon before the wedding: Wedding Makeup Leduc

A hotel room would also be very neat! Smiley love How many bridesmaids will you have?

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haha yeah but I wish we could have! It was so nice!

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Probably be a little bit cheaper than staying in the penthouse for 2 nights too!! Haha
  • Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The hotel can also move the bags for you if you're changing rooms within the same hotel. We stayed in a regular room before the wedding and then rented the penthouse suite for the wedding night so the staff moved over our bags for us and made the room all nice.

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haha, it happens to the best of us! That's they the community is here to help!!

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't know why, but I honestly didn't even think about that. Haha! I guess I just had senario in my head and i didn't see a rather simple solution!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No, I haven't found them yet. I've looked at quite a few and I think I have it narrowed down to 3 or 4.
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You could just use the same room and get it for 2 nights. That way your bags just stay there! And no need to make a separate yep to the hotel to check in with your stuff later in the day
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm the closest one that lives to the venue. Lol. My soon-to-be sister-in-law lives in the same city, but on the other side of town. I'm thinking maybe FH, his family, and our best man can get ready there.I was trying to steer clear of renting a hotel because that's what we will be doing for the night of the wedding. And I'm thinking that's just a lot of packing up and rearranging that may be able to be avoided.But I know it's something that would work for sure, so it's definitely on my mind.
  • Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yeah I'd recommend a hotel room as well. Have you found your hair and makeup vendors yet? Some of them need you to come into their salon to get ready and others will travel to you so maybe you could find one by your ceremony venue and get ready there?

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Can you maybe get a hotel room for the night before near the venue? Check out is usually 11 or 12 anyways. Plus you could just stay there overnight and have a relaxing morning. Or do your parents live nearby to get ready at their house? Or a bridesmaids?
    My venue is over an hour away, but all my family lives about 10 minutes from the venue so FH is getting ready with the GMs at my brothers house and I will either get ready at my parents or possibly a hotel room (as my parents may be hosting a few of the guests at their house and I'm not comfortable getting ready with that may people there)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics