Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Shannon
Newbie September 2020 Alberta

Getting married in Italy (puglia) - Anyone done this?

Shannon, on February 13, 2019 at 11:01 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 8

Hey all! Our family member has just built a villa in Italy, so we will have a venue and place to stay. We want a very small intimate wedding. Has anyone married in Italy? How was the pricing and vendors for entertainment, beauty, food, photography etc? I think alot of the stress will be alleviated with having the venue and support from our family, but does anyone have any ideas or vendors they have used? I know it's a local community but thought I'd ask!

Also, where did you Honeymoon? We're thinking Amalfi Coast?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Alanna, on February 12, 2020 at 10:23
  • Alanna
    Beginner August 2022 Ontario
    Alanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Shannon,

We're getting married in Naples August 2021. We're using the website matrimonio.com (which is the Italian version of this site). Unfortunately you'll have to use both if you don't speak Italian. I used weddingwire mostly for planning and building my website and matrimonio.com for meeting with vendors. Your wedding sounds like it will be a lot smaller than mine, so it's hard to compare, but the pricing in Italy is generally lower than what it is in Canada.

As for your honeymoon, stay SOUTH. Amalfi Coast/Napoli or Sicily, or take a short flight/ferry to Greece (my recommendation is Zante (Zakynthos)).

Good luck!

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ooooh! This all sounds lovely. My only advice would be consider having a coordinator who can be your eyes and ears on the ground.

• Alycia
    Expert March 2020 Ontario
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It sounds like you’ll have a super wonderful trip, you have lots and lots of time to plan it all out Smiley smile I’m really excited for you, I’m in love with Italy. I loved Rome I spent 10 days there.

• Shannon
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Alycia!

Thank you for responding! Yes, it is pretty exciting, surreal actually if everything works out the way I have in my head lol. Amalfi Coast is probably something we will do, I know I looked up the actual marriage licensing and apparently you have to go to Rome consulate to get it approved, so that will be a mini-prewedding trip a day out of the way! I'm not sure how the rest is looking but I'm glad it's not till next year so I don't have to bring out the Xanax right now Smiley winking

• Shannon
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Good morning Joey,

Thank you for replying! Wedding planner probably not in the budget, we are getting married at his aunt's new private house, and we will be using her chef. More likely that we just need a dj, florist, and chair/tent rental if we are using one etc. I am thinking it will be pretty simple. I will be doing my own hair, makeup as well. I will check out the site though and see what people recommend! Thank you!

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow, so cool!

We do have a sister site in Italy where you could look for vendors, though it's of course in Italian and I don't know whether you speak the language (though Google Translate can help a lot!!). It's https://www.matrimonio.com/.

Is hiring a wedding planner in your budget? This could be a HUGE help in overcoming issues of time zones, language barriers, knowing local wedding customs, getting insider recommendations on the best vendors...

• Alycia
    Expert March 2020 Ontario
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I just have to say, that sounds like a spectacular way to celebrate your wedding say. I love Italy, I was only able to visit for two weeks but I’m going back any chance I can get.

It’s so cool you have the option to do that Smiley smile it’s gonna be beautiful. I would suggest finding a wedding planner you can work with and talk to your family who bought the house they have to know a little bit about the area and the community there. It would be a cool way to get to know the area.

I didn’t make it to the Amalfi Coast, but I really really wish I could’ve gone! Everyone who has been tells me I should’ve gone when I was there, But there was only so much time! I will be going back again. I Definitely vote for the Amalfi Coast for your honeymoon for sure!!!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Woah! That is so cool! Sorry though - not much help from me other than this link: Italy Wedding Planners - it's a link to the Wedding Wire USA site that has some other regions such as Italy in their website. If nobody can offer any suggestions I think your best bet is to find a wedding planner there or a travel agent that does destination weddings.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics