Any dos and donts when it comes to a second wedding

11 Comments

Latest activity by Becky, on March 20, 2018 at 15:12
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A friend of mine is having her second wedding shortly, her first they didn't really even do much. had 50 people and its her grooms first. She is considering this as a redo and loving ever second. She didn't get to do a lot with her first wedding and this time she is able to. Do whatever makes you happy! Its your day and his

• T
    Newbie April 2019 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've been wondering this stuff too! I didn't have much of a 1st wedding and neither did my fiancé. We now have teenagers and don't want to make things weird but know this is our last and want to make this special without going overboard.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's not wrong at all! Typically, the wedding means more to the woman, which is why the focus is usually on her. But, men can be just as interested. My fiancé is fine with whatever I decide, but when he has an opinion, I include how he wants it because it is his day too.

• Sherri-Lyn
    Newbie April 2019 Alberta
    Sherri-Lyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you for the advice
  • Sherri-Lyn
    Sherri-Lyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Is it wrong to put the focus on my groom seeing it's his first
  • Sherri-Lyn
    Sherri-Lyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got married in Vegas the first time
  • Sherri-Lyn
    Sherri-Lyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you for your response, that is exactly what my elders have asked. I was concerned because although it's my second it's his first so it should be treated the same
  • Julie-Ann
    Curious February 2018 Ontario
    Julie-Ann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This will be my second as well. When we first got engaged some (older) people asked if we were still having a “real” wedding since it would be my second. Assumed I would be wear just a simple not white dress. My advice is, don’t care what people think and do what you want. This is the wedding that means something. My first lasted less than a year and never should have even happened at all.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My friend would compare her first wedding to her second. I think it took away from their planning for the second one because she was so focused on how to make her second one completely different.

• Natalee
    Curious October 2018 Ontario
    Natalee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Try to do what you want not what everyone else wants!!!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Compare pricing whe it comes to dresses and centerpeices (rental to purchasing). Floral auctions purchases in mississauga in lots.

Wedding cake 2 or 3 tiers if you had lots left over or wasted from the first time. The reason being that you know that everyone isn't a cake lover.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics