Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Newbie August 2020 Texas

Frustrated with venue over postponing

Annie, on July 9, 2020 at 21:45 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 2
Any other brides in Texas having issues with their venues on postponing? Given how much cases have been rising, especially in Austin, I reached out to them a couple weeks ago to postpone our wedding (August 30th) for the second time and have been getting blocked at every turn.

Our original date was April 4, 2020 and we wanted to postpone to sometime in 2021, but our venue would only let us select a date in 2020 at the time sooo we picked August but it truly does not seem likely to happen at this rate. I was hoping our venue would be willing to work with us on a new date for fall 2021 but they’ve been pushing back. Since we’ve already postponed once, they’re requiring us to pay for a new date with no refund of what we’ve already given them. That would be another $5,500-$7,000 depending on their availability...The only way around that is if the governor proposes another shut down so we’ve just been waiting day after day for that to come through.
I understand this from a business perspective, but from a moral and ethical perspective this just feels incredibly irresponsible to pressure brides into having large gatherings and risk putting their friends and families lives at risk.
tl;dr Our venue wants us to pay in full to postpone a second time without a legal shutdown mandate even though cases have been surging in our city 🙄

2 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on July 12, 2020 at 13:51
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your best to get answers using the WeddingWire.com site as it does help for others in Texas to get you some advise. You're in Canadian site.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Check weddingwire.com you might get more responses being the US site

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics