Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Victoria
Beginner October 2021 Ontario

Friday wedding: Yay or Nay?

Victoria, on June 28, 2019 at 16:05

Posted in Plan a wedding 41

So my FH and I are looking at having our wedding in October of 2020. We've found a venue we absolutely love and is probably a bit out of our price range, but they offer an excellent deal for having a wedding on a Friday, which would put the cost more into our budget. Our thinking is that if we let...
So my FH and I are looking at having our wedding in October of 2020. We've found a venue we absolutely love and is probably a bit out of our price range, but they offer an excellent deal for having a wedding on a Friday, which would put the cost more into our budget. Our thinking is that if we let people know far enough in advance it should give guests enough notice to book time off work.
What do people think about Friday weddings though? Are they acceptable or will it turn guests off too much?

41 Comments

• Michelle
    Beginner November 2022 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You're welcome hunn!! We like it too, makes it more meaningful for us 😁
  • Victoria
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love the idea of having it on your anniversary!! Thanks!
  • Victoria
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's sort of what I'm thinking of doing! So are you doing photos before the ceremony? I'm trying to figure out the logistics of that...
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding is Friday Oct 4,2019. And we haven’t really gotten any negative comments about it.
    Our ceremony is at 5, and then reception after so it’s like a date night for many couples. Plus our wedding party is our siblings, and they would have to be there anyways lol.
    It’s honestly worth it for the price. Then you both have the whole weekend to spend together!
  • Michelle
    Beginner November 2022 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding is Friday November 27th 2020, it's our anniversary date, which we thought was awesome! Plus it's a more reasonable day when it comes to costs, a lot of venues offer discounts for Friday or Sunday weddings!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Friday is a good day to have your wedding. We did and everything worked out great. Plus it gets all your guests will love to start their weekend that way too with a celebration. Don't let the venue get booked if you love the space.

When the Save the dates or Invitations go out, any of the out of town guests will make arrangements and the locals (for the most part) too to book the day off to attend your wedding.

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love this idea!! you could even have the ceremony around 5pm so mostly everyone can make it and then go right into dinner and dancing

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Do what you gotta do! My sister had a Friday wedding and it was a huge hit. Who doesn’t want a long weekend? Mine is on a Monday and I saved a ton of money 👌🏻
  • Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have two Friday weddings in August and September of this year and we don't mind at all! We have travelled for most weddings we've attended and we typically take the full weekend off anyway, so it doesn't bother us to extend for the Friday as well. Also, I think it's common knowledge now that Fridays are more cost-effective and guests seem to understand that. I say go for it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics