Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kendalevelina
Beginner May 2019 British Columbia

Freaking out just a little!

Kendalevelina, on February 17, 2017 at 00:58 Posted in Before the wedding 0 12

Hello Everyone!

My Fiance and I got engaged back in September, we have sort of set a date (its not in stone yet) for May 2018.
Now I don't know about you guys, but from September till now has FLOWN by, so I decided in my free time today I would try and find some venues In Vancouver or Victoria. IM HAVING A VERY DIFFICULT TIME! can anyone reccommend some venues they have seen or been too that I can start my search, that have some flair and isnt just the same old same old.

12 Comments

Latest activity by Micheala, on February 20, 2017 at 08:13
  • Micheala
    Curious October 2017 British Columbia
    Micheala ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Well if u want a beautiful wedding spot we stayed away from those spots bc they are so expensive. Try the sunshine coast. The resort "Painted Boat Resort Spa & Marina" its a little out of the way but so pretty and if u have ur wedding when its not in "wedding season" then u can find some awesome discounts. Good luck findinf the venue was the hardest thing to do
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Best of luck!! Thanks for the update and I hope everything goes smoothly Smiley smile Smiley heart
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks for the update! That's great that you guys are giving yourself more time to plan. Keep us posted on how things are going!

• L
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I hope you get that all sorted off so you can have the wedding of your dreams in 2019! 😊
  • Kendalevelina
    Beginner May 2019 British Columbia
    Kendalevelina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

*UPDATE* - Hello everyone thanks for the support anf feedback! We have decided to post-pone the wedding another year until we get some big things sorted. Alastair is from Australia so residency and all the other fun stuff needs to come first. Smiley heart

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Kendal! I got married in Vancouver a few months ago! There are lots of great venues! Have you checked out Vancity Weddings' website? http://www.vancityweddings.com/ They were super helpful for me during the planning process!

We looked at the UBC Boathouse out in Richmond. We really loved it and I still kind of wish we could have used it! We also checked out the UBC Botanical Gardens but our wedding was in November so we didn't think it would be a good fit with the rain. It's beautiful though! We also looked at the Vancouver Rowing Club near Stanley Park and I have a few family friends who had their wedding there. We got married at Granville Island and had our ceremony at the Granville Island Hotel and our reception at Bridges Restaurant. We absolutely loved Bridges and are so happy we went with it!

For some more unique locations, there's also the Capilano Suspension Bridge and even the Vancouver Aquarium! What places have you looked at so far? It's so nice to meet a fellow Vancouver bride and I look forward to hearing more about your wedding!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wedding/bridal shows are also great for being able to see many venues (well pictures) at once and talk to the reps directly. You should see if there's one coming up near you! They are extremely helpful and don't always just have the same old, same old stuff. At one of the shows I went to there was this beautiful B&B, it had so much character and was beautiful, we were debating having out RD there but I decided not to do one.

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Kendal! Welcome to the community! Smiley heart There are many options you could go for!! Did you already choose a style for your wedding? If not, you can start by taking this test: What is your wedding style?

You can look at venues in your area in our directory and filter by type of venues you like: Wedding Venues Victoria

There are also these ideas you could like depending on the style you're going for Smiley smile 9 unique venue ideas

What step are you at in your planning? Let us know if we can help with anything!

• Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oops forgot to say that I also have Googled "unique venues in___" or "restaurants in____", "rent a venue in____" and I've found a few places that way.Good luck xoxox
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I completely understand! We got engaged in August, I went to a couple of wedding shows and contacted a few places here and there, but since David was gone on a work trip, life got really busy with the holidays and such, we only really got started on Jan 1st because we finally set a budget! Time flies by so quickly!
    Anyways, I am also not in your area, but agree with the previous comments! It was super helpful to contact multiple places at once using the Wedding Wire website, and I also used this other website (https://www.eventective.com/vancouver-bc/) that also allowed me to contact many different venues, search according to type of venue. And since it wasn't through WW, I sometimes wrote to these places saying I wanted to check their prices for a large gathering Haha! I didn't use Event Source, but I think I'll check that one out too lol
    Good luck, let us know if we can help any other way! You are not alone, I totally understand that feeling of time slipping away and not knowing where to start... I've had a few meltdowns since because of the anxiety, but once We set the budget and our priorities, and started contacting places, it has gotten betterr and ever so slightly less stressful! Best xoxox
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I ahree with Lisa! Use the vendor list, And you can email multiple venues at once!
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm not from Vancouver so I can't help you by recommending a venue, but check the vendor list on Wedding Wire for reception venues. They have e a pretty good list. Event Source is a good website as well. Good luck!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics