Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Britt
Frequent user July 2020 Alberta

Freaking out

Britt, on June 30, 2020 at 10:52 Posted in Alberta 0 2
So please don't bite my head off, I'm stressed enough & trying to do what's best.

I just started a new job a month ago & a coworker (I was in the truck with him) his wife just tested positive for covid-19. I keep my distance from everyone I work with & work mostly with work gloves on. My wedding is in 18 days. We are having a small intimate ceremony at my MILs. I have booked a test for Friday just to be sure. I have zero symptoms. But as we have 2 small kids (who are in a day home) I don't want to chance passing it to someone who may get seriously ill. Should I keep with my plans until I get the results?
PS I wouldn't be surprised if the coworker just wanted an excuse to be home for 2wks as his best work friend just quit & left majority of work for him. Should I be telling the dayhome or the rest of my family or wait until I get my results. Sorry again I know this isn't solely focused on wedding. Just not sure where else to seek advice

2 Comments

Latest activity by Britt, on June 30, 2020 at 18:48
  • Britt
    Frequent user July 2020 Alberta
    Britt ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the reply. I've had time to actually think about it. Feeling better than I was. I booked a test for Friday, so I should get the results early next week. But as I've kept my distance & he had no symptoms (honestly thinking it's his excuse to have a 2 week vacation). I've also talked with my dayhome when I picked the kids up, she's not worried as we follow the protocols as best we can & the boys have no symptoms. Until I get my results back, I will be keeping social distance & using more sanitizer than I was.
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Britt,

It is a stressful time for sure - If it was me I would self isolate and follow all other public health measures until I got the test done and got the results, that is the responsible thing to do.

Hopefully the test comes back quick as negative and then you are in the clear for the intimate ceremony. I am not sure what the rules are around childcare if you have come in contact with a positive case? Perhaps speak to the dayhome, they should know what to do.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics