Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Frequent user April 2021 Ontario

Food tasting

Linda, on October 22, 2020 at 20:32 Posted in Wedding reception 0 11
Hey when did you have or when are you going to have your food tasting.

My venue said they book them for winter months. Im waiting for the food tasting to make our menu and send out invitations. They also told us this is when we will talk about details. We have nothing decided as of yet. Other then the day and place. Its making me nervous. Our wedding is April 30th, its small only 50 people. Well be proceeding with the wedding aslong as Ontario alows us. Fingers crossed!

11 Comments

Latest activity by Gloria, on October 25, 2020 at 20:27
  • Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I believe it’s done 3-5 months before the wedding
  • L
    Linda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We went to an open house and got to sample some of their food. Their food is delicious! But we just dont know what to pick for our main dishes and hors d'oeuvres.
  • Kim
    Curious October 2020 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We never had a tasting. Our venue wouldn't allow outside caterers, so we went with it! They had a great reputation for delicious food. Have you searched for reviews online?
  • Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think the plan with the venue is a tasting in February for our July wedding. But also, we won’t be able to change caterers so I’m not too worried if we don’t get to taste it well in advance lol
  • L
    Linda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I totally forgot about stage 2 restrictions. Ugh. Covid sucks.
    If we get back to stage 3 hopefully we get our food tasting in.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were supposed to have it back in June but venue wasn't operating during the summer so it didn't happen. We rescheduled in the fall for October but then our region went into modified stage 2 that prevents indoor dining. If they don't extend stage 2 restrictions for Toronto, the earliest you can get one is likely mid to late November.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We decided to do family style dinner rather that plated. I won't have to keep track of who is eating what and where exactly they have to sit. Except for one couple that I know is vegan.
  • L
    Linda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thats such a great idea. Use it kinda like a foundation to build a timeline. I wanna let my guest choose what they want to eat. So I'll need it done before i can send out my invitations aswell.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I've been to a wedding at this venue before. I loved the food. I want to have the tasting so I can have all the times mapped put for dinner, ceremony and such so I can do invitations...
  • L
    Linda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow, April 1st lol definitely stay way from planing on that day.

Your food tasting schedule seams really good. You have time to put real thought into what you want. I hope it is everything you want more!!
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our food tasting and time to go through the details was booked for April 1 but since covid came along we still haven't done it. Our original wedding date was February 20/21. Now that we are postponing for another year I think maybe we'll try to get things done in March or May... definitely not trying to do anything wedding related on April fools day again

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics