Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Flowers - Splurge or Save?

Lynnie, on August 19, 2019 at 10:28 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 22

Is anything more dreamy than some seriously gorgeous floral arrangements? Smiley heart 💐 From the bouquets to the boutonnieres to the centerpieces (and even floral chandeliers!) - your flower bill can rack up quickly!

Are you splurging or saving on flowers for your wedding?

Flowers - Splurge or Save? 1

Photo from Bright Gray Events in Langley, BC

Next Question: Food - Splurge or Save?

Back to the Beginning: Splurge or Save?

22 Comments

Latest activity by Lily, on April 8, 2020 at 06:42
  • Lily
    Newbie July 2021 Greater London
    Lily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is so nice to read all of these comments that people are actually using fake flowers. I am so unsure wether I a should spend more on real flowers or just go with the artificial. I found a company who makes the arrangements for you and set them all up, now I feel more sure about going with them and fake flowers. Phewww.

• Monique
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Saved. We are only having a florist do the wedding party flowers and spending $20 on grocery store flowers for the centerpieces. Flowers aren't that important to us
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Saved. My SIL made our bouquets and only charged the cost of flowers.
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Saved!!! I did faux flowers and was a giant savings

• M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I guess splurge (relative to overall budget). I'm having real flowers and I went with the bouquet size (large) I really wanted. My daughter wants a bouquet, too, and bouts for FH and our son. It's accounting for about 15% of our budget.
  • Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Saved! Very minimal amount of flowers.
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Save! i’m doing paper flowers!
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Save fake flowers all the way. So many reasons lol
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Saved!

I went with fake flower arrangements, and saved well over $1,5k by doing so!

• S
    Frequent user March 2021 Ontario
    Stiffra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say splurge but some would say save. We hired an event designer who will be in charge of all florals and decor for the day, from the bouquets/boutonnieres right up to the centrepieces/head table/receiving tables/backdrops/etc. This is one of the things I was willing to splurge on a little bit too as I feel the right florals and decor really tie together your vision!

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Saving. We're sticking with mostly greenery for our decor and only getting the essentials from a florist - bouquets, boutonnieres, corsages, hair piece, cake flowers, and centrepieces. I'll DIY the smaller floral decorations with artificial flowers from Michaels (hello at least 40% off lol).

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Saving. We’re going minimalistic and I found a decently priced florist to work with
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Save. We are just doing bouquets and boutinneers with fake flowers. Easier to find discounts/sales on the fake flowers. There are also some good deals on Etsy for pre-made bouquets.

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Save. My mom will be making my bouquet.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely save - my mom is paying for flowers since I could take them or leave them, but she insisted on real flowers lol

We also were able to get a discount - we only have to pay for the flowers themselves - labour is free and delivery is only $10 or so.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are lucky, my mom has offered to pay for the flowers. Even then, our florist gave us a fantastic deal.

• R
    Devoted November 2019 Quebec
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Save- ish. I don't like the look of fake flowers so I got Sola flowers because they look more real but cost wise they were between real and fake.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Saved big time! Fake floral ball on a vase for each table as centerpieces at a rental cost was the best thing ever thought about over purchasing to give away. The cost would have been twice the amount ending up back at home to regift at Christmas time taking up space.

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Save. We're not doing flowers for our centerpieces. We're only doing bouquets for me and my girls, boutonnieres for FH the groomsmen and the fathers, corsages for the mothers and grandmothers and then two arrangements on either side of the altar that we will move to be beside the head table for the reception.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Save. We went with a new florist who just started her own business. So her prices were super reasonable. Then the greenery we are using will be fake
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Save for sure. Only doing real floral for the boquets and then fake floral for the rest.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Save. We are getting artificial flowers so on top of it being cheaper when buying through a warehouse (Baba is a florist), we can also probably sell them after we are done!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics