Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Missa
Frequent user August 2019 New Brunswick

Flowers ideas?

Missa, on February 18, 2019 at 10:00 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 16
Hi everyone! I finally decided on my bridesmaid dresses - I decided to go with quartz from Davids bridal.

Im not sure what kind of flowers / color / type i should go for. Any advice? We are getting married in August (6months as of yesterday!!!)

Flowers ideas? 1

16 Comments

Latest activity by Missa, on February 25, 2019 at 11:31
  • Missa
    Missa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That’s true!! Thank you !!
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could really do anything.. I think white is classic and looks great with just about anything.. You could also do like a single purple lily. I sometimes love the look of a long stemmed single flower as opposed to a bouquet sometimes.. but it's about you and what you want!

So many things could work!

• Charelline
    Curious May 2021 Ontario
    Charelline ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is simple and elegant would go perfect
  • Alycia
    Expert March 2020 Ontario
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would suggest like a yellow ochre flower, or you could go deep purple. Either would contrast this colour dress in a beautiful way. Remember to accent with white or something. As for type of flower if you’re going for real flowers, go with what’s in season, if you go faux, go shop around for what you like and keep size contrast in mind, you want a variety of small, medium and large flowers.

• Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Very pretty dress. Before I chose any flowers for our Wedding on March 23, 2019, I looked on Pinterest to see which flowers were in Season. We don't have a huge flower budget so I wanted to stretch every dollar. Our colors are blush and silver. We are going with white & blush Rose's and some Gerber daisies which I love mixed in. My 2 MOHs only have Rose's where the 4 Bridesmaids have Gerber mixed in. We chose White Orchids in a silver vase for center pieces. Our venue supplies mirrors for them to sit on and also crystal votive candle holders around the orchid. We just had to buy candles. My FH has a white rose boutonniere and all the Guys have blush. Our Moms, Grandma and MC all have wrist corsages to match our flowers and their dresses 💐 My Mom had 2 beautiful and huge crystal vases filled with flowers cascading down and they will stand on 2 white pedestals which will be our main Ceremony decorations. I must add that my Mom has ordered 3 vases with Rose's for all 3 Bathrooms 💐 The pic above is from my Bridal Shower and they will be similar to that. My Mom thinks of everything! 👭

Flowers ideas? 2
  • Rachel
    Frequent user July 2019 Ontario
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My mother has these beautiful panicle hydrangeas in her garden, they are white with a hint of a dusty rose colour in them (similar to the colour of the dress). Something like that would look beautiful!
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I absolutely love this dress colour.

Whites with greenery would add a beautiful freshness to this look!Smiley heart

• Missa
    Missa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was thinking to keep i light and simple, a bit like this

Flowers ideas? 3
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I literally think any colour could go with this. Do you have a second colour? or even a favourite colour you could incorporate.

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That sounds nice! Smiley smile

I'm sure whatever you decide will be great!

• Missa
    Missa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love white so I'm with you haha. My venue is really grey too so. maybe some pale dusty roses in there with the white and the greenery..

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think white with greenery would look good with this, but I'm totally biased as that's what I'm going for since it goes with everything.

• Missa
    Missa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! I could look into a soft blue, thanks!!

• Missa
    Missa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes I was thinking some greenery. We don't really have an accent color other than a soft white. We are going for a rustic look. My venue is in a hotel so, its grey ish!

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think blue would look really nice with this! Beautiful dress, by the way!
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do you have any secondary or accent colours?

White is always a safe bet but you can also add some yellow if you want a pop of colour. Greenery in the bouquets will bring out some colour too!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics