Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ericabraam
Curious June 2018 British Columbia

Flowers from costco

Ericabraam, on July 18, 2017 at 04:26 Posted in Plan a wedding 2 31

Has anyone purchased flowers in bulk from Costco and made their own bouquets? If so, how did they turn out? Did the flowers last all day?

31 Comments

Latest activity by Michelle, on June 22, 2019 at 11:36
  • Michelle
    Newbie September 2019 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have a question for the people that have ordered flowers from Costco in Canada. Did you order your bouquets and Boutonnieres from Costco as well or from another florist?? Thanks!!
  • Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Do you have any pictures!? I am excited to see this as it could be an option for us!

• T
    Newbie July 2019 Warszawa
    Tom ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have order flowers from them - It was quite fast delivery but flowers were in different proportion (lilies and roses).

I also ordered flowers from Avas flowers and I was very satisfied

• Rachel
    Frequent user July 2019 Ontario
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks all! I've been looking for a bulk florist that is actually good and not super expensive! Its great to know that Costco is an option!

• M
    Newbie September 2018 Quebec
    Maxime ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just got mine in. Amazing so far. Well preserved and no browning. 100% of them are nice.

I’ll update in a few days.

30 white hydrangeas. https://imgur.com/gallery/spe2j6r
  • E
    Newbie August 2018 British Columbia
    Elaine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Is this the one you ordered? https://www.costco.ca/Garden-Wedding-Collection.product.100338985.html

Could you please share some pictures of the flowers in real? Smiley smile

• Krista
    Frequent user July 2018 Alberta
    Krista ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I ordered the garden bouquet from costco.ca - I will post pictures and tell you all how it works out! the price was AMAAAAAZING!

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Which location did you go to in Winnipeg? I dont remember a florist place at the St. James location. Just pre-made bouquets.

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm considering going with bulk greenery and baby's breath to make my own centerpieces. We wanted some lush greenery for the tables, and florists charge about $40/foot for garlands because of the labor involved in making them. So I thought this would be a great way to get crafty and save huge money while still getting the look we want.

Other thank that, we're still going with a traditional florist for the bouquets.

• Stacey
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiancee LOVES costco. i always joke with him that if we had it his way, he would have propsed at costco, and had our wedding at costco. but for flowers.. i'm just not keen on the idea of picking them out from a website vs. going into a store and physically seeing and touching the flowers.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's good to know! the Costco website I was on had limited amounts of types of flowers. But it was reasonable!

• Elizabeth
    Frequent user June 2018 New Brunswick
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My future mother in law is the florist for our wedding and recently she bought some flowers from costco for valentine's day and they are still in perfect, beautiful condition! Their flowers seem to be in excellent condition and last really well! I would recommend them for sure Smiley smile

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm glad I'm reading this thread! I was pretty set on Costco flowers, because I knew how inexpensive they are, for the quality (I'm only doing 4 bouquets, no other flowers for a winter wedding). But I only looked online, and I was hoping to have an option to add a pop of colour. Good to know, I will go in person to see what they can do!

• Lisa
    Beginner July 2018 British Columbia
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Howd yours go? Do you have pics by chance?

• Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I didn't realize there was a flower list at brick and mortar Costco stores. I contacted Valley flowers after ordering to tweek my bouquet order. This opens lots of possibilities.
  • Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For those living in Canada I went to Costco and talked to the Flower Lady at one in Winnipeg, MB and they said the costco.ca website is a different flower company all together than them. If you go down to your local Costco they will give you a list of all the flowers they have an their direct number. They recommend you order your flowers 3 weeks in advance. When I looked online they didn't have purple flowers when I went to the store they had 6-7 different flowers in lavender and dark purple. I got excited. For my own bouquet I will be ordering this from a florist and possibly my bridesmaids as well. I am going to be speaking to florists. Baby's breath looks absolutely beautiful these days I find, simple but nice. Costco will be for the centerpieces for sure since I am going to be having 30 + tables to cover.

• Jenn
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love seeing all the discussions on Costco flowers! I had no idea they even sold them in bulk, but thanks to all the comments and discussions about them, that's the way we are going to go with our flowers next year.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GzQsUBnXu58

This video also really helps if brides are looking to do Costco flowers

• Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love the flowers from costco. The only warning i give when ordering online from them. If you order in the winter be very careful! My FH order roses for me last valentines and they arrived frozen! Apparently they pack the truck with them overnight. Theres no warning on the box that they are flowers :/
  • Lisa
    Beginner July 2018 British Columbia
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Im thinking of sending my bridesmaids flowers from Costco. One as a nice gift and two so they can 'test' them for me.

Im living in London, UK and getting married in (my home town of ...) Victoria BC, so its the best option, I think.

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I ordered bulk flowers from Costco for my wedding, had them delivered the Thursday before my wedding, arranged them on Friday for my Saturday wedding, and I was very very happy with them. The ones I received were very fresh and undamaged, and they lasted days and days after my wedding. My only word of caution about doing your own flowers is it takes a lot of room in your house, you need to be able to store them in a cool place, you need quality equipment like shears, floral tape, foam, vases etc, it takes a LOT of time, and you need to work out a plan to deliver them and pick them up from your venue - all things that are totally manageable with some forward thinking, but are things you don't need to even think about if you hire a pro florist.

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You must have gone there just before they replaced them with fresh ones. I've received roses from Costco several times and they've always been nice. They will definitely last you for as long as you need them and they're a third of the price of flower shops.

• Melissa
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They recommend 2-3 days before the wedding.

• Melissa
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A Friend ordered her wedding flowers there and made her own bouquets. They were great quality and lasted a good period of time. I'm getting married in Orillia. I'm dealing with a local florist because I want Calla Lillies, and can't get them at costco, but will be ordering some flowers for centerpieces and decorations from there. all the details of their packages are available on their site.

• Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've considered it but honestly, I feel like their flowers are kind of crappy. Don't cheap out on flowers.

• Alexa
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's my plan too. Only for my arrangements, when do you think I should ask for delivery date? a day or two before wedding?

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will be buying my flowers from Costco. They have 2 dozen roses for $22.00. That's cheaper than fake flowers and they do last for several days.

• Annie
    Beginner July 2017 Alberta
    Annie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That was my plan. We were gonna buy 4 bouquet st Costco and make our own arrangements. Costco bouquet range anywhere from 12 to 20 $ and they have very nice assortment
  • Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The reviews for the flowers are fantastic. I often refer my clients there because I've heard good things!
  • L
    Newbie May 2018 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got flowers there for a funeral and the quality and price was great! They lasted a few days.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am also interested in knowing how these turn out.

• Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I ordered my arrangements from there... Good reviews... Will find out in 48 days. 😁

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics