Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kaitlyn
Beginner August 2020 New Brunswick

Floral Budget?

Kaitlyn, on February 15, 2019 at 11:16 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 49
Hey brides,

I’m starting to think about floral needs/arrangements for my August 2020 wedding.

How much of your budget are you allocating to flowers?

Are you using real or faux? A combination?

Thanks!

49 Comments

Latest activity by Dominique, on June 3, 2021 at 23:16
  • D
    Newbie September 2022 Ontario
    Dominique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi there! Who did you use for your florals?

Thanks so much,Dominique
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I haven't ordered from them yet. But I'll be sure to check out florals for less! Thanks 😊
  • Amanda
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Did you have any luck with afloral? I tried to contact them a few times; I went with florals for less instead. Really quick to reply to any questions, comments, concerns I had. They ship the stuff separately as it comes in but I've been happy with what's arrived so far.
  • Pierre
    Newbie July 2020 Ontario
    Pierre ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    There’s this online flower company bloomsbythebox.ca that has cheaper prices that Costco and can deliver same day. I’ve used them a few times the quality seemed good.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A lot of my friends have been using costco!!

• T
    Curious September 2020 Ontario
    Trish ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My step sister is a brilliant florist and is graciously gifting her services to us. We’ll be paying for her costs which will be under $700 and will be foraging plus my grandmother grows beautiful flower gardens every year and will be planting to accommodate our sept wedding. Overall my step sister would probably have charged about $4000 or more for the amount of florals and greenery we are getting. Feeling VERY lucky
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm leaning towards faux. The site afloral.com has beautiful fake flowers, greenery, and premade bouquets if you aren't super crafty. Other brides on different wedding planning sites gave them great reviews too.

I've noticed on wedding sale pages that the flower arrangements and bouquets sell quickly, so I'm hoping I can get a little of my investment back by selling to another budget savvy bride.
    If I decide to do real flowers I'm planning to use Costco for garland and stems. I like hydrangeas and eucalyptus and they stock both!
    I have more faith in my ability to diy faux vs. real though!
  • Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Alibaba.com. My vendor is called Yiwu Zhuoou Import And Export Co., Ltd. They have been wonderful to work with and I'm happy with the price I paid and the quality of the flowers I received.

Just something to note: the stems for the ones I got are SUPER long and they will need to be trimmed down. I tried wire cutters and they didn't work, so I'm borrowing bolt cutters from a friend to try next.

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Where did you order these from? I need sunflowers and roses

• Cherry
    Devoted October 2019 Quebec
    Cherry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am only budgeting $200 or less for the flowers. I will go to Costco to buy them 2 days before the wedding. I don't have to do center piece as the decorations are part of the venue package. They will be using faux flowers and I am fine with that. I only need fresh flowers for bouquets and for my hair.

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think this really depends on how big your wedding is (how many tables there are) and your overall look. I am having a very small, intimate wedding with one family style table. I am not wanting to spend more than $500. The florist I went to quoted for $75-150 for a bridal bouquet (depending on types of flowers). $25 for boutonniere. I wanted a long garland type piece for my archway and to double for the family table-that was $300. That would pretty much do it for my wedding.

• Sara
    Curious September 2019 British Columbia
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    $0 !
    My MOH is growing our bouquet flowers and the flowers for the boutenairres (no clue if I spelled that correctly) and if she is not arranging them then a friend of mine has offered.
    We might get our mothers a corsage so if we do then there will be a small floral budget.
    We are not using flowers in our decor either. I just couldn’t wrap my head around spending that kind of money . I’d rather put it towards food or honeymoon!
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am going to be using silk flowers/paper flowers to make up some of the décor like the alter backdrop, and the flower girls little kissing balls. I am leaning towards a mixture of silk flowers and broaches for my bouquet. I have pictures in my head of how I want it to look, but am very unsure if that's how it will turn out!! I am hoping to spend $300

• S
    Frequent user March 2021 Ontario
    Stiffra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I imagine if you’ve got the skills and the time, you can save a ton of money in this department by doing everything DIY. For ourselves, personally, we have neither (LOL) so we’re opting on hiring a floral and decor designer to design our wedding from top to bottom. The quotes we got from who we decided to go with were quite well within our budget for what we want ($4000-$7500). So we’re pleased!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No flower budget was in our wedding planning. Initially the whole set up was beautiful and went with a simple rental square vase and artificial white floral balls.

As far for my cousins wedding that I have attended and attending this year, I can see they spend about close to $3 grand for a large wedding.

• Jenny
    Curious May 2019 British Columbia
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Initially we didn't want to spend more than $2500 on florals, but we got a quote with $3500. We might end up spending more money to achieve the vision we are looking for though.

• Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Will do, Melissa! I'm getting together with a few of the girls this weekend to start putting things together!

• Kaitlyn
    Kaitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    YAY!! How wonderful! They are beautiful
  • Melissa
    Beginner September 2019 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yay Erin! So happy your flowers arrived and they were what you expected, share pics again when you have your bouquets, I'm excited to see!

• Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is AMAZING!!! I wish I could pull something like this off!
    Honestly, the best part about wedding planning is leaning on people and their skill sets. My oldest friend is a graphic designer - bam! save the dates, invites, thank-you cards, and any other print items are done. And that's her gift to us. Same with a portion if my A/V (my sister's boyfriend), my venue (my uncle), my hair (two of my cousins), and my jewelry (my best friend). The people you love will always want to band together to help you if they can!
  • Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My flowers arrived today!!!! I'm so happy with them! Can't wait to put my bouquets together!

• April
    Beginner June 2019 Alberta
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Costco definitely has some of the cheapest floral options that I have found, but we actually ended up going with a small family owned flower shop that sometimes does weddings but doesn't advertise it. For under $600, we are getting my bouquet, a bridesmaid bouquet, 5 boutonnieres, 3 corsages, enough bulk flowers for 15 small DIY centerpieces and delivery of the personal flowers on the day of. We are using mostly local, seasonal flowers and some of the boutonnieres are just greenery to keep the costs down, but it's still an amazing price. It might be worth checking out some small local places that sell flowers and see if they would be up for doing a wedding!

I just noticed that your based in NB. I bet you'd have some luck at a farmer's market; NB has some great ones :-)

• Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm in the same boat. I like the IDEA of flowers, but I HATE how expensive they are...and they're just going to die so what's the point??? Silk was a no brainer for me. I promise I will post my flowers once they arrive!!!

• Melissa
    Beginner September 2019 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Definitely let us know how the flowers turn out when they arrive! I'm not a big floral person so we have not allocated a huge budget for them and have been considering silk flowers (although didn't realize Costco may be an option too for real flowers!), I'm personally hoping for fairly simple/small centre pieces especially as my FH wants wood-burned table "numbers" (designs) and some garland and silk flowers for a sweetheart table.

• Keri
    Newbie September 2021 Ontario
    Keri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Are you from the Toronto area? If so, who is your florist? We have the same budget.

• Kate
    Beginner June 2019 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our florals (MoB, maid of honour and bridal bouquet and centrepieces of orchid, peony and hydrangea) + 6 cherry blossom trees will be about $5000.
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't allocate a percentage of our budget to flowers, we just kinda decided we didn't want to spend much more than $1000.

I think I just have a really talented florist. She gave AMAZING suggestions to bring down the costs (smaller bouquets, similar/cheaper blooms, etc), so we managed to stay within our budget of $1000, while not compromising on the look we wanted. I'm so stinkin' excited about the flowers actually.

• Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Alibaba.com. My vendor is called Yiwu Zhuoou Import And Export Co., Ltd. They have been wonderful to work with. My flowers should be arriving within the next week or so.
  • Kaitlyn
    Kaitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love to garden as well and I hope to grow at least some of my own flowers! I’ll just have to try to make a bouquet this year so I know if it will be feasible for next summer!
  • T
    Curious September 2020 Ontario
    Trish ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am doing a crazy diy wedding and because I love flowers I’m going really insane. Actually going to be growing all of my flowers except a dozen king proteas. Wedding is sept 26 2020 and I’ll be doing a test garden this year to see what grows the best where I am and what I actually like the look of. I don’t plan to spend more then $200 on seeds and that includes the 1 acre wildflower field I’m planting where our ceromony will be held. Growing the garden smaller this year and harvesting the seeds to plant again in 2020 will save me hundreds in seeds.

My step sister is a florist and her services will be her gift to us. She said the amount of florals I’m planning would be in the 10-15k range. My 5 siblings and other family members or bridal party will help harvest a few days before.

Obviously this isn’t an option for everyone but if you have a family member or two with a green thumb and decent garden space i don’t think it would be crazy to ask them to grow flowers for you. I’m excited to keep the garden going year after year and share the flowers with family and friends.
  • Cristina
    Beginner November 2020 Ontario
    Cristina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Where did you purchase online? I’m currently trying to find some nice ones
  • Allison
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our budget is MAX $500 with a mix of both real and artificial. We've spent roughly $130/$140 on 6 bouquets, 8 boutenierres and 3 corsages (thanks to michaels & my bridal party's diy skills). Will be getting flower petals & 16 centrepieces from Costco and again with have to diy them but I am hoping Costco costs us less than $200. Ooh and we are using the bouquets as decor on the head table.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics