Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Louise
Devoted September 2017 Quebec

Floral budget

Louise, on January 31, 2017 at 17:30 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 18
Hi Ladies,
I was wondering what your budget is for flowers/bouquets? Are you hiring a company or doing it yourself? I am planning to do the centrepieces myself to save money and hiring a company for the bouquets. I almost had a heart attack when a florist quoted me $600-$700 for centrepieces.
I find florists so expensive as soon as you mention weddings. I guess flowers are not a hugeee deal for me. They are important but I am not willing to spend so much $$$$ on them.

18 Comments

Latest activity by Lacey, on February 1, 2017 at 21:49
  • Lacey
    Curious May 2018 Alberta
    Lacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I plan to create the centerpieces and some of the decor myself as I just want tinted mason jars with a few simple flowers. I hope to order them from a local grocery store vs. a florist to save money there, but I have considered silk flowers. Any suggestions of a great website to check out for that?
    My bouquets and corsages will be made by a florist and I'm hoping to pay less than $500. Maybe that's out to lunch? I'm just in the early planning stages...lol.
  • Jessica
    Frequent user June 2018 Saskatchewan
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I dont even want to think about flowers! My wedding is 3 hours away from home and so lost on where to begin. I dont want to spend too much either!
  • Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have 1500 budgeted for flowers since I am going really minimal with it. My MOH has her floristry diploma so she is going to help me do some small arrangements for the tables (I am thinking mason jars) and other than that I am hoping to get 3 bouquets 3 boutineres and 3 corsages for that. I would go with silks or paper but I LOVE LOVE LOVE flowers so this is an area I wanted to splurge a bit.

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We actually came in extremely well as our floral lady is also our decor for many items at our wedding and everything came out to $1400 with delivery and set up of the tables !! I am super pumped about this because everywhere else quoted me over $2500 for everything I wanted and all because she is a small business owner but has amazing rave reviews ! love that most of my wedding stuff is a shop local kinda of deal !

• L
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So this is one of the things I'm still shopping for. Headed to the National Bridal Show this weekend to take a peak at florists and get some quotes.
    I'm looking at a bridal bouquet, MOH bouquet, two boutonnieres and two display bouquets for my signing table and to be re-used at the reception. Using the two bouquets at the reception as well, providing my own vases for everything and looking at a mix of hydrangeas, pink roses and baby's breath.
    Budgeting about $500, will see what I get!
  • Lindy
    Beginner September 2017 Ontario
    Lindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am doing my flowers myself the corner store by my house can order in babysbreath in bulk and white roses I'm getting 10 centrepieces 3 bridesmaid bouquets and mine and MOH bouquets and 6 boutonnieres for $120 and I'll be using twine burlap and lace to hold Jen together and decorate
  • Brittany
    Frequent user October 2017 Ontario
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My flowers were a grand total of $65. That's 1 bridal bouquet, 4 bridesmaids, flower girl basket, boutinerres for groom, groomsmen and fathers (3) plus my grandfather, as well as corsages for mothers (2) and grandmothers (2). We are using fake flowers and doing it ourselves. The venue provides fresh flowers for table settings as part of our decor. We may flowers outside the chapel but undecided.
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love that! I definitely think you could make something like that yourself.

• Louise
    Louise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks Smiley smile For the centre pieces, I was planning on having wood slabs with a vase and a few flowers. This is my inspiration

Floral budget 1
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Flowers are expensive yes. I'll be close to the 2000$ mark and I was trying to keep it at $1500. I bought all my vases and asked the florists to quote me without the vases. That helped me save a bit. Also you can also do floral sharing with other brides at the same venue, if they are getting married before or after you , you can split the flower bill. It's a great idea I think!
  • Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you! Your colours and theme sound great! What do you have in mind for your centerpieces? Are you wanting flowers for them or something different?

• Louise
    Louise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh wow, those flowers are beautiful and your bouquet is so vibrant. They look so real.
    Our colour theme is burgundy, navy blue and blush. Our theme is kind for rustic and whimsical.

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's great that your location is already nicely decorated! We were also very minimal with decorations but luckily the venue was nice already! And they included linens and even candle votives on the table. Do you have a theme or a style in mind for your wedding?

We also went with paper flowers. (Though I did not make them. I left it up to the experts!) It was much cheaper than buying real flowers. They're also lighter, you don't have to worry about them wilting, you can get whatever flowers you want (not just what's in season) and you can keep them afterwards! We spent a little over $700 (US) for a bridal bouquet, 5 bridesmaids bouquets, 1 toss bouquet, 2 bouts, 2 corsages and 50 loose flowers that we used to decorate the tables. We used vintage books for our centerpieces.

My "florist" was More Paper Than Shoes on Etsy and I would highly recommend her! She does incredible work! Our guests are still talking about the flowers. It was one of the most memorable parts of our wedding and I think if we'd done real flowers, it wouldn't have had the same impact.

Flowers and Centerpieces

Tattoo

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's good! And I'm with you

• Louise
    Louise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    People told me the same thing too but luckily my fiancé agrees with me. We are getting married in a venue that is very woodsy and rustic. The venue already has flowers hanging outdoors.
    I feel like I can get away with not having tons of flowers. I would rather have cute decorations.
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I mean I totally catch lots of flack about it from people that know (my mom mainly), but she's gotten over it. She keeps thinking it's ONLY because of budget and offers to pay for them (on top of her generous gift), but I explain that I just hate spending so much money on something so temporary! A lot of people just equate flowers to weddings and a wedding without flowers just doesn't make sense. But I feel great about my decor and I think they'll all agree when they see my vison come together!

• Louise
    Louise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I completely agree. I would rather put that money into my dress/photography/videography. It makes more sense to me. I am glad I am not the only one.
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ya flowers were the first thing to go for me! They just feel so wasteful since you get rid of them/they die afterwards and they are SOOO expensive! I went with paper flowers but I would have done silk if not paper, either way, I wanted minimal (because silk can get pricey too)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics