Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Flip Out Or Forget It? - When guests miss the RSVP deadline

Joey, on January 14, 2019 at 09:27 Posted in WeddingWire 0 30

How do you feel about guests who miss your RSVP deadline? Does this make you flip out? Or are you able to forget it?

Flip Out! How hard is it to RSVP?! Vendors are knocking down the door for your final numbers and now you have to add following up with guests to your already jam-packed to-do list.

Forget It! People get busy and forgetful, it’s nothing personal, and it might be nice to give them a call or text anyway.

Flip Out Or Forget It? - When guests miss the RSVP deadline 1

Photo by I'll Know It When I See It

>>Click here to go to the next question, A vendor who doesn't get back to you

>>Or start at the beginning here: Flip Out or Forget It?

30 Comments

Latest activity by BunnyBride, on August 26, 2019 at 16:51
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haven't gotten to this point yet, but I have planned ample follow up time to hunt all the straggles down....lol. I am also going to assume they are a "no" after we have to finalize the menu with the venue, so, if they call asking to RSVP then, it'll be a sorry but we can't accomedate

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know people will miss it, I already have a plan in place to contact the stragglers.

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wouldn't flip out exactly, but I'd be seriously annoyed. I can't stand when people are late for things haha.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had an early RSVP deadline so that all those late responders didn’t stress us out. Now we are chasing people and have told them if we don’t hear from them by the time we need to give our final numbers then we will assume them to be a no and that’s been it. Nice and easy!
  • Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Forget it. People will get it to you whenever they feel like it... we had a lot of them after the deadline. It sucks chasing people, but there's nothing you can do about it.

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A pretty even mix, actually. I get that people are busy, but this is important! Although I will be happy to personally follow up with everyone.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We haven't gotten to this point and I'm honestly going to try to be cool if people miss the RSVP date. I'm going to have an early RSVP date for this reason, so when I call them 5 days past, I'll still have lots of time to get my answers.

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’d be a little annoyed but would mostly just forget it and follow up!
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'll be annoyed if the miss it for sure, but we put ours for a month and a half before the wedding so we can hopefully hear by then.

We have also written "if you do not respond by may 1,2019, please bring a sandwich and a chair" joking, but also not. 😂
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not there yet so I'm not freaking out yet hahaha!

Stressful though I can see for sure, like we have enough to worry about already why would guests need to add us having to track them down for a yes or no too...

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Forget it. If they don't reply at all, that's rude, but if they're late, it's better than nothing.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Forget it! I had to send an email a couple times to people but everyone eventually got their RSVP’s in. I had given myself a month in between RSVP’s due and the venue needing final numbers so I had lots of time!
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will be sending mine out months in advance! if they don't respond by the date I will be calling them!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Flip out. I tracked everyone down within a few days of the RSVP. And even more annoying, the last 8 people, 6 of them declined, so they already knew they weren't coming, they just couldn't have the decency to let me know. (It makes or breaks additional tables, wine orders, etc, so it's super annoying).

Now I'm done though... so not so much 'forget it' but, 'over it' haha.

• K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It's super annoying. But forget it... I've forgotten in the past too.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Flip out at first but then forget it since thing do happen! I would then contact them to see if it's what's happening.

• Gabrielle
    Frequent user May 2019 Ontario
    Gabrielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It’s super annoying! Especially since our RSVP is online and can be done in 3 seconds! But nothing I’ll actually flip out on my guests about... ill just do follow ups the day after the deadline.
  • Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will be totally annoyed, but I am sure it is nothing a simple phone call couldn't fix. Forget it!

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's beyond annoying, but forget it.

• Monica
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Monica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Forget it... but slightly flip out lol. I’m expecting people to not RSVP by the date we’ve indicated. I’m ready and preparing myself, along with my mom to call those few that don’t RSVP
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Forget it. I have a plan in place to call and deal with missing RSVP's one month before the wedding. No biggie.

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    As someone who has already gone through the invitation think, I’m actually going to say flip out. People who said they weren’t going to come are now coming, people who don’t want to RSVP until they get closer decided to not even say anything, and it’s causing a lot of stress. I’m glad more people can come but I can’t believe how some people think it’s ok to tell me they’ll have to wait until closer to the date. My own sister said she can’t let me know if her husbands coming until later. So much for trying to set up seating charts haha
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Forget it. Having to follow up with a few guests who forgot isn't the biggest deal as everyone has stuff going on in their own lives.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Forget it. Not worth the stress. I gave myself a good amount of time between the RSVP date and the day my venue needs final numbers.

Can always chase them down!

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel like i’d be somewhere in the middle, depending on how many people i’m dealing with. If it’s just a few, oh well, but if it’s the majority of my guest list, i’d probably be close to flipping out
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Forget it, definitely not something worth h a flip out. Yes I'll probably be a bit annoyed but I'll just call them and sort it out.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Forget it - I’m almost expecting this! So it’s not a big deal, I’ll just chase people down! Ahaha
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Forget it. It would be easy enough to call/text any people who’s RSVP we don’t have by the deadline. We’ll give ourselves at least a week to call the stragglers up between our due date and when the venue needs numbers.
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Forget it, but be prepared for stragglers and be firm re your absolute deadline.

We’ll call/text if we have to but I refuse to give others that much power over my energy.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Forget it, people get invitations and they don't know at that moment and then they forget about it! Not to worry, I should have their number and I will give them a quick call followed by only a few days to have them let me know before I mark them as a no. Not my problem if they end up saying yes afterwards, I will let them know there isn't room now as I have invited others in their place.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics