Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Flip Out Or Forget It? - Last minute menu changes

Joey, on August 26, 2019 at 09:12 Posted in Wedding reception 0 23

You asked on your RSVPs for meal preferences and/or dietary restrictions and allergies. A few days out from the wedding you get a call that a guest needs to change their menu. Maybe they started a new diet, maybe they forgot to include this info on their card, or maybe they just want to eat something different.

Flip Out! They had their opportunity to give this info. Now to make the swap you'd have to call your catering manager and ask if they can still accept swaps, and the last thing you need is MORE things on your to-do list.

Forget It! No problem! You want your guests to have a great meal that fills them up and they'll remember. It's one phone call, if your caterer is a pro they will be able to handle a change like this.

Flip Out Or Forget It? - Last minute menu changes 1

Photo by Envious Events in High River

>>Click here to go to the next question, Waking up with a breakout

>>Or start at the beginning here: Flip Out or Forget It? round 2

23 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on October 2, 2019 at 01:31
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Flip out in private lol.

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't do this (we're having a buffet), thank heavens. This would make me flip out for sure. Weird, since I've so far said "forget it!" to everything else!

• Christine
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Christine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Forget it. If the caterer can change it, fantastic. If not, it's on my guest to deal with it since they changed last minute.

• Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Forget it. We are doing finger foods anyways so if someone doesn't want something they shouldn't eat it.
  • Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had a buffet so I would have to say forget it ;P

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Forget it. We had a buffet and our mains were allergy-free so no need to flip out!
  • Monique
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would forget it and just contact the caterer, but only if it was for a person with allergies. If someone changes their mind about what they want to eat, too bad. Then I might flip out if they made a big deal about being picky
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Forget it! A simple fix after the tasting and realizing the Chicken Cordon Blue was heavy to finish. We switched up the option to Herb marinated Chicken Leg for a lighter healthier choice. The menu was done and printed on cards for guests to know what to expect to eat.

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Forget it. It seems like a simple fix as long as the caterer will do it. And if they won't, too bad.

• R
    Devoted November 2019 Quebec
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Forget it. I'm having a buffet style dinner so it's not a big deal to change what you chose.

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Forget it. If they try to let us know after the menu has been solidified by the venue, I'll just have to tell them sorry but no can do. It's a buffet, so we would put them on the allergy short list to go to the buffet first (minimize cross contamination). If there's nothing we can do, no sense flipping out about it.

If it's before the venue food cut off date, there's nothing to worry about. It's a quick e-mail to the event coordinator.

• A
    Devoted July 2023 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This would be a little annoying and stressful as it was asked on the reply card for any restrictions that we needed to account for. Also with the venue needing exact counts and dietary restrictions by a certain time it may not be able to accommodate them.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Forget it. I would try to swap it for them but it would be up to the venue. I only have to let them know 5 or 6 days before so they better not need to change their minds that close too wedding. Everything gor my wedding is family style so there shouldn't be too much of a problem with anyone changing their minds. It would be more of diet restrictions that were forgotten or became new.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'd probably flip - I put a space for dietary needs for a reason!! I also have to have final catering numbers a week out so under that - they eat what they get served or not!

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Depends on how close to the wedding it is. If it's the day before I'm freaking out. If it's a couple weeks then I forget it,

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This would only annoy me in so much as my venue needs the count a month before the wedding. If it creates a problem for my venue then it's a bit more of an issue but otherwise, not a big deal for me.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Forget it - As long as the guests are fed, I don't really care.

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Forget it! we’re doing a buffet so this won’t be an issue for us at all
  • Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would flip out! I already made my place cards and my venue asked for a clear symbol on their meal selection. That means I’d have to remake a place card and hopefully have enough symbols for my meal selections and I don’t have time for that!
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Forget it for sure! We have some wiggle room for changes like this so it would be ok.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It really depends how close to the Wedding they change it. If it’s before all the final numbers go in then fine. If it’s after I may flip out
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Won't happen- Buffet in place and agree with tori

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Won't happen! I have a buffet and if they don't like it then they can eat ahead of time or go home Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics