Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Flip Out Or Forget It? - Bad weather

Joey, on January 14, 2019 at 09:29 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 33

Throughout your whole wedding planning process you've tried to control lots of details, but one thing you absolutely cannot control is the weather. Does the threat of bad weather terrify you? Does this make you flip out? Or are you able to forget it?

Flip Out! You’ve been checking your wedding day weather for months and regularly lose sleep over this.

Forget It! You can’t control it, and you have a great bad weather back up plan anyway, so why worry?

>>Click here to go to the next question, When guests miss the RSVP deadline

>>Or start at the beginning here: Flip Out or Forget It?

33 Comments

Latest activity by BunnyBride, on August 26, 2019 at 16:49
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Forget it. Our venue has a plan and a beautiful indoor space for rain situations for the ceremony and reception. There are also a bunch of great indoor places to take photos along the Halifax Waterfront and our photographer had a section of her portfolio with rain shots, so photos won't be a bust. (which would be what'd I really freak out about if anything....lol Smiley xd )

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am still worried about this, I wouldn't care if it were raining and at the end of the day I know I have no control. I am worried about it being NS and an unexpected snow storm or something.

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think I'd flip out. We both have our hearts set on an outdoor ceremony. Although we have an indoor backup plan, I'd be really bummed if it was inside.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I want to pretend otherwise but I’m leaning more towards freaking out about it.
    My fiance and I have both always dreamed about an outdoor ceremony so it would be a little upsetting to both of us if we got beat out by Mother Nature.
    Also we have worked so hard on hard games for our guests to play during cocktail hour that they won’t get to if it’s bad weather.
    Fingers crossed all goes well, maybe knock on wood too lol
  • Lydia
    Devoted June 2019 British Columbia
    Lydia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I know I need to forget it, but I am honestly more towards flipping out. The weather is my main concern, which is a bit silly since it's the only thing I won't have control over at all. But we chose our venue on the outdoor location (mountain) and we got a ton of guests flying over from Europe so I'm really hoping on at least clear skies for their view of the city and of course our photos. Our ceremony will be on a different location, but outdoors as well. Fingers crossed and hoping for the best ><
  • Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Forget it! There's nothing you can do to change the weather! As much as we wanted to get married outside, we had a backup plan... and good thing we did because it POURED for the duration of the ceremony. Lucky for us, it cleared up after, just in time to get our photos done outside

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Forget it! I have backup plans A through M at this point, so I'm not worried. Plus, the less I stress about it, the more likely it is to be perfect anyway.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If this were to happen the day of the wedding out of the blue, I think I might flip out. If I knew it was going to rain and I was prepared, I'd forget it.

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I. Getting married outside in june knowing theres a high chance of rain. The only thing that may be affected is our ceremony, but we have other options if need be! I have umbrellas for photos and walls/ gutters for my tents, so I'll be fine!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Forget it! Mother nature has its way of controlling weather on her part. Seeking plan B is always good as a back up.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Forget it! You can't control it! Make the best out of it cause there is LITERALLY nothing you can do to stop it!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Forget it. We had rain on our wedding day and we just went with the flow. Moved inside halfway through the ceremony. Took half our pictures inside. Can’t control the weather so we just decided to deal with it. Made for an interesting wedding that people still talk about 6 months later!
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Both, I would love photo's outside and no backup plan their. However, ceremony and reception are both inside because of weather nerves!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Both. Flipping out currently, I'm 5 days out, so I'm checking my forecast each day... but it's showing rain. But it's also showing less and less rain each day we get closer... So I'm now expecting rain, fingers crossed for not much rain... or maybe even a break long enough for photos...

Day of I will forget it. We have covered options for photos and the whole wedding is inside one building. Guests don't even have to go outside between ceremony & reception.

• K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Forget it! It is what it is...we have a backup plan just in case.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Forget it - we booked everything indoors because weather in mid to late October can get a little nuts! If there's super nice weather we have the option of some outdoor photo ops and open up the glass roof of the atrium.

• Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Forget it. I am having an April wedding in Edmonton. The weather will absolutely be unpredictable. I can roll with the punches! Indoor ceremony and reception.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Forget it - It's out of your control and a fluid science, so no matter how many times you check Environment Canada's prediction, they can totally be wrong. Just have a solid plan B and enjoy Smiley smile

• Allen
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Allen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Forget it. It's inside minus pictures
  • Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Flip out at first, and then forget it haha! honestly it would be slightly annoying but at the end of the day I cant change the weather so just roll with it.

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Forget it... rain is lucky anyway... right??? Smiley smile

• Monica
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Monica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Forget it - what can you do? Can’t control the weather and Mother Nature..
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Forget it. Meh. Whatever - rain or shine, I'm marrying the man of my dreams!

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Forget it- it’s a November indoor wedding. I’m really not concerned about rain
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Forget it. It’s the one thing you have no control over.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Forget it. Nothing you can do, completely out of your control.

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Forget it! While I'd prefer the weather to be "ideal," my fiancé and I have a backup plan in case it rains. There's no point in freaking out over something we have no control over, but precautions can't hurt!

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Forget it! we’re getting married in June and planning an indoor wedding because we know how unpredictable the weather can be at that time of year!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Forget it, if it rains it rains, if we have a storm we have a storm. We will make it work either way.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Forget it - we’re having a summer wedding, ceremony and reception are inside but photos are outside.

we’ll bring umbrellas for photos just in case but I’m not going to freak out if it rains Smiley smile
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Forget it. I was however, flipping out about weather for our engagement shoot we had on the weekend (if there would be snow or not), but that was because there was an option to reschedule the shoot for another day and/or location. For the wedding I can’t move the wedding date or venue due to weather so I won’t fret, I’ll just shrug it off.
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Forget it.
    Have fun no matter what.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics