Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

First look or wait until you walk down the aisle?

Lynnie, on 27/May/2019 at 09:05

Posted in Plan a wedding 52

Would you rather do a first look and get your pictures out of the way before the ceremony? Or wait so the first time you see each other is walking down the aisle? Photo from Mountainscape Weddings in Banff Photo from Fairstone Films in Vancouver Next Question: Champagne toast or signature drink?...

Would you rather do a first look and get your pictures out of the way before the ceremony? Or wait so the first time you see each other is walking down the aisle?

cfb_46671.jpg

Photo from Mountainscape Weddings in Banff

cfb_46673.jpg

Photo from Fairstone Films in Vancouver

Next Question: Champagne toast or signature drink?

Back to the Beginning: Would You Rather?

Share:

52 Comments

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    Walk down the aisle.
  • Megan
    Newbie October 2020 British Columbia
    Megan ·

We will be doing a first look that way if he is emotional or I am it's a sweet personal moment plus after speaking with people who have done first looks some husbands still got teary when their brides came walking down the aisle.

Plus getting the photos done before ensures the rest of the day can go a little more to schedule as most of the time it is the photos that ends of delaying.

• Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    I think their is something romantic about waiting to see each other
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    We waited till I was walking down the aisle! If it wasn’t for the flower man having such a fantastic entrance my now husband (eeek!!) said he would have cried ❤️
  • Bianca
    Featured August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·

First look Smiley smile

• Erin
    Super May 2020 Ontario
    Erin ·
    We will be waiting, I'm not even going suit shopping with him as i want to be just as surprised as he is seeing me.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    Wait!!! We definitely do not like first looks and want to wait till I walk down the aisle.
  • Amelia
    Featured September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·

No first look for us! We both want the first time he sees me to be when I walk down the aisle.

• Vinod
    Featured August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·

First look since we both knew what we were wearing and chose his outfit to match mine.

• Sarah
    Devoted August 2020 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    Aisle. We are traditional
  • Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·

First look. My fiancé will be crying. Big time. We decided to keep that initial moment between the two of us instead of in front of everyone.

• Sharlene
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    We went back and forth on this. We have decided to wait until I am walking down the isle to see each other all dressed up. We will see each in the morning before we begin getting ready as we are staying overnight together. We will sleep better together than separately.
  • Loi-Marie
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Loi-Marie ·
    Definitely walking down the isle!!
  • Alix
    Featured June 2020 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·

I do like the first look idea but when I was talking to a few people they said they like to see the groom's reaction when he sees the bride for the first time. So I decided to wait for the walk down the aisle.

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·

We're having a "first look" to ensure that special moment is between us (and our photographer, I suppose!)

• Janaya
    Featured August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·

We are waiting to walk down the isle.. but I would have liked to do a first touch as Brittany had suggested!

Comment on this discussion