Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

First look or wait until you walk down the aisle?

Lynnie, on May 27, 2019 at 09:05

Posted in Plan a wedding 52

Would you rather do a first look and get your pictures out of the way before the ceremony? Or wait so the first time you see each other is walking down the aisle? Photo from Mountainscape Weddings in Banff Photo from Fairstone Films in Vancouver Next Question: Champagne toast or signature drink?...

Would you rather do a first look and get your pictures out of the way before the ceremony? Or wait so the first time you see each other is walking down the aisle?

cfb_46671.jpg

Photo from Mountainscape Weddings in Banff

cfb_46673.jpg

Photo from Fairstone Films in Vancouver

Next Question: Champagne toast or signature drink?

Back to the Beginning: Would You Rather?

52 Comments

• Alyssa
    Curious October 2021 Ontario
    Alyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is such a great idea. Very intimate and special.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wait until I walk down the aisle! I can’t wait for this moment to be photographed
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are waiting for the church - that was the only thing my FH was really adamant about (that and wearing a white dress)

• Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are doing a first touch to calm the nerves, and get a moment before without ruining the surprise. Maybe that;s a good idea for you?

Our photographer suggested it. So you stand around a corner from each other or something like that. Read each other a note, or just talk to each other. Hold Hands around the corner etc..

• Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are waiting. We both decided we like the tradition of him seeing me as I come down the aisle.

We are doing a first touch though! Going to be reading each other notes while around the corner from each other. Smiley smile

Still get that little intimate moment in private before, without seeing each other.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're waiting - it was one of my non-negotiables!

• K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wait until I walk down the aisle
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re waiting! i don’t like the idea of a first look, im a bit too traditional in that sense i guess
  • Monique
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    First look, we're both very private and I like that we would be able to share such an intimate moment together
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're waiting until I walk down the aisle (at his request!).

• Kathy
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re waiting.
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're waiting until we meet at the aisle. I went back and forth a lot about it because first look photos are really cute and it's a good moment with just you and your FH and it gets photos out of the way so you don't have to rush during cocktail hour. I'm a crier though, like really bad, so I don't think a first look would help with my emotions walking down the aisle. I'd be a mess either way. At the end of the day i am just really traditional and I think that's what ultimately swayed my choice.

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing a first look for sure, it started out as not our choice but the more I plan around this, and the more first looks I see, the more excited I get. So happy to get a special moment with my FH AND get pics out of the way.

• Alyssa
    Curious October 2021 Ontario
    Alyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Since our ceremony doesn't start until 4:15PM with a cocktail to follow. I would have l liked to do a first look because it would allow us the extra time to take our photos so that we don't have to limit to the cocktail hour for all the pictures. Also, it would calm my nerves because I cry at anything now - I can only imagine what a mess I will be on the day of. I'd rather be a mess in front of my closest people - rather than the entire guest list. However my FH would like the first look to be down the aisle, I think its romantic so that is what we will be doing.

• Shla
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I want a first look so bad! Buuuut he wants to wait so wait we shall.
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wait til I walk down the aisle. that's what we want our first look to be

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing a first look! It flows better with our timeline of the day as we have a later ceremony leading right into cocktail hour and the reception!

• Stephanie
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would like to do a private first look with my fiance but he wants the first time he sees me to be when I walk down the isle.

So walking down the isle it will be.

I still have time though to try and persuade him otherwise, lol.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

First look! We are doing this not only so we can get the tears out of the way (hopefully), but so that we can do group pictures before the guests arrive so there won't be a need for a cocktail hour Smiley smile

• Emily
    Frequent user August 2019 New Brunswick
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing a first look.

we have a special place all picked out as well to do so.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics