Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Leah
Frequent user April 2017 Quebec

First headache

Leah, on March 30, 2017 at 10:59 Posted in Beauty 0 7

My appointment for waxing has been moved because the woman doing it broke her arm. I have an appointment two days before the wedding. They wanted to move it 5 days before which I don't want since hair will start growing in at that point. So I am being put in the 2 days before at an inconvienent for me time but at least it'll get done. I am just crossing my fingers that I won,t have a work meeting that morning so I can go get it done. If i have a meeting I am not allowed to make up that time. If I don't have a meeting then I can go to work a little earlier to make up the time.

I am hoping there will be no more surprises in the next 16 days!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Zoë, on April 4, 2017 at 10:38
  • Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh your so busy!!! Well I'm happy you manage everything so good! Yes don't forget FH time is really important! Smiley heart

• Leah
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks Zoe,

I am doing well now. I was insanely stressed last week because I am also organizing a road race with students to raise money for their program and we were $600 short of our sponsorship goal but Thursday 4 sponsors came forward with a total of $650 so now all the race costs will be covered. Plus prepping for my honeymoon week off for a supply teacher. And finishing wedding details. But thankfully I have a half day today (although most of my afternoon will be spent with students asking for gift cards for the race!). But tonight is a kid free night for quality time with the FH!!!!

So far things are lining up nicely. I always get stressed at the end of March with the race sponsorships but my key people (politicians!) always pull through for me and my students.

• Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Leah,

I really hope they don't put a work meeting on that day.. Maybe you can keep this appointment but make a extra one at another waxing place. Just to be sure. As this you won't be stressed about it.Smiley heart

I found a nice article to reduce stressSmiley winking .. I think you will like it.

10 Ways to Reduce Stress While Wedding Planning

6 Must-Dos the Night Before Your Wedding

How is the planning going? We are so close!! Smiley diamond

Let me know how it goes! xx

• Leah
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No discount. But that,s okay. If it was impossible to go then I could find another place to go to but they did my initial waxing two weeks ago and my skin reacted well so I don't want to go anywhere else.

• Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My schedule is also erratic and a surprise from day to day... I get how frustrating that can be... Since they are the ones rescheduling are they giving you a discount? Sucks that she broke her arm but you had it scheduled then for a reason.
  • Leah
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have a gift card for that place which is why I am going there. I teach and it is a professional developement day so my schedule is dictated to me. Sometimes i have zero meetings all day so I can work in my classroom on planning and correcting, sometimes i am sent to a town 30 minutes away for a meeting with other teachers in my subject area! I won't know until late next week what the schedule is. It should all work out. I just have to add some time at the beginning or end of my day to make up for it (but if there is a meeting I will be bailing out early to go to the appointment so they'll cut me what I miss).

I am allowed a week off for the wedding, paid for by the school board including the day of the wedding and weekends. I am starting that official 7 days off on the wedding day (April 15th) and will miss 4 work days only because of Easter Monday. Taking time off before that will be unpaid which I am doing next Friday when I drive my van down to my dad. I could have left after school but I don't want to have too chaotic of a weekend since it involves a total of 1600 kms of driving. I want to do the drive relaxed instead.

• Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's frustrating when little things like this happen. Are you able to reschedule the waxing at a different location in a time that's more convenient for you? That might help take the stress of this particular situation. I know I would be worried a lot about this leading up to the appointment. I'm not sure about your work environment but can you block off the time in your calendar and mark as private? Maybe no one will schedule a meeting with you if they see you're out of the office.

I hope it works out for you!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics