Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brittany
Newbie November 2020 Ontario

Finding a Ceremony place?

Brittany, on December 14, 2019 at 18:10 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 13
I dont even know where to start with this, we want to be married in a church setting but want an ordained minister to marry us. Is this even possible?

If not where can you have a ceremony in vaughan or barrie thats no outside?

13 Comments

Latest activity by Julia, on December 27, 2019 at 08:26
  • Julia
    Newbie February 1994 New Brunswick
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Well why is it impossible I think it is very possible happiness to you and all the best

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Find out if the church you want to get married at will allow that. sometimes they want someone of that parish to do the ceremony

• M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes, it is. Here in Ontario it is not easy to become an officiant. The Ministry will not authorize just anyone. Here is an article that may help https://www.google.com/amp/s/torontoweddingresources.com/2019/01/04/officiating-a-friends-wedding-in-ontario/amp/

I think you likely need to find another officiant anyway, and that will likely help with finding the ceremony space.
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Our uncle has never done a wedding , he is taking a course to be able to marry us. So he doesn't have any areas in mind. This is more difficult that i thought...
  • M
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Have you asked your minister for suggestions? Where does he or she normally perform ceremonies?
    Does your reception venue perhaps have an area you can use for your ceremony?
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Just the ceremony im looking for and more elegant the better. Thanks
  • M
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What sort of venue are you looking for? Do you want a venue that can hold both your ceremony and reception? Something more elegant or more rustic?

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey so we have our ordained, but we cannot get married at a church. I am looking for a venue between barrie and vaughan that could hold 100ppl for Nov 7th 2020.

Thank you all for you kind help.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Looking into a religious wedding is possible with an ordained minister that will perform your wedding. They are available at courts with an extra cost of the distance outside the city hall.

Ordained ministers are available to search online with no extra cost of their services.

Venue space is large for what you want based on the style and season when your thinking to set the date.

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I second Meaghan’s question. There are differences based on religion. Are you trying to mix two religions together or do you have a specific one in mind?
  • M
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm not.quite sure if you are wanting a church wedding without the minister or the minister without the church.
    If it is the former, you might want to check out this church
    https://museum.simcoe.ca/about/rentals
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Welcome to wedding wire Brittany!
    You can have a ceremony with a civil officiant just about anywhere. I would think most ministers would be willing to marry outside of the church in another venue if you wanted. If you do want a church for the ceremony many have websites that you can check for who to contact to ask about availability and whatnot. If you have any friends or family that attend a church you like they may know who to ask and they might be able to make it easier for you to book. If you want the whole wedding in one non-church location the venues you're interested in may have a list of people who perform weddings there for you to reach out to.
  • S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Brittany, I would say look into the ministers first and see if they are willing to marry you outside of an actually church. If they do, then you can go ahead and look into a venue to have your ceremony. Do you have a budget in mind?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics