Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brittany
British Columbia

Finally Booked! Caribbean here we come.

Brittany, on March 28, 2018 at 18:42 Posted in Honeymoon 0 30

So I finally booked our honeymoon last week. An 11-night Southern Caribbean Cruise (Royal Caribbean). We hit Aruba, Curacao, Bonaire, Antigua and St. Lucia.

I waited too long to book (10 months early, imagine that), so all the balcony rooms were sold out! We got an ocean view instead, and actually ended up saving over $1500!

Now I'm going to be twiddling my thumbs and singing to myself ("Bermuda, Bahama, cooome on pretty mama...") for the next 297 days! Haha. How do I not go crazy dreaming about this beautiful vacation??

My fiance and I have not been able to take a vacation together (aside from visiting family vacation homes), so this will be our first official, alone, grown-up, tropical paradise vacation. We are ecstatic... and although we may not say this out loud, perhaps more excited for the honeymoon than the wedding?! Smiley xd Smiley tongue

Is anyone else as impatient as me?!

30 Comments

Latest activity by Brittany, on April 19, 2018 at 13:26
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah, makes sense. A very good reason though!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awesome! My husband was starting a new job the week after our wedding so we couldn't immediately take time off.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh my goodness. I commend your strength and patience. We aren't even going home to get our bags... Straight from the reception to the airport hotel, before our morning flight.

• Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ah see I had to wait almost 6 months for my honeymoon.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are going straight to the honeymoon from our wedding, so I will be a busy, busy bee the weeks leading up to it. Settling personal stuff, as well as work stuff for the 2 weeks we will be gone. I'm really wanting to do as much as possible ahead of time so I'm not a frazzled basket case the week of the wedding.

12 days of R&R to follow though is just sounding like pure bliss, even now!

• Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was totally impatient but then got distracted with all the wedding details lol It did give me the chance to get excited all over again though after the wedding.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Take me with you. Pack me in your suitcase. I promise to leave you alone for the 11 days hah

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It is! But wedding planning is keeping me busy haha

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    For sure, you need to have all your time to focus on you! It's part of why I picked winter, because no one else is going to plan anything around my wedding Smiley xd
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha yes at times I am! I want to move it closer but too much being in wedding party next year
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha yes! I’m full wedding planning mode right now we’re 137 days out. It really starts to go into overdrive the last 5 or 6 months for sure. I like to look at excursions ahead of time too, my fiancé doesn’t like when we plan too much lol so I’m trying not to get too carried away but it’s hard!
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've been on RC several times before, so I knew they were my go-to. I've traveled with Princess, Celebrity and some smaller cruise lines too... but the RC cruises always stick out for me. I've traveled to Aruba once to visit a friend, but the rest of the islands are new to me, so we are excited to explore them together. I've done Eastern and Western already, so I wanted it to be new for me, as well as my FH! Sooo excited!!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've been on so many actually... yes, RC is my fave by far. For my FH, not only will it be our first vacation together, but his first real vacation, EVER, so obviously his first cruise then too. He is beyond excited, and ready to participate in all the activities! I'm giddy for him Smiley smile

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I get it, even before we officially booked, I didn't feel that excitement, even though I knew what we were going to do. There's a certain realness once that deposit is payed.

Hopefully you and your new hubby will get to travel for some R&R before too long!!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's good to hear! I've been told it's a bucket list trip for many travellers. Omg, 2020, I'd go nuts waiting! It's nice you're getting to take some time away before that though!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hahaha! The "omg we'll be married" thing definitely sounds like me. I booked our honeymoon with my maiden name, and I thought "awwww, I could have been 'Mrs.X' on the itinerary"... then I remembered my passport won't be changed yet. I'm gonna calling him 'Hubby' all trip for sure...

When I have my freak outs, my FH just laughs at me, gives me that "awe, it's a good thing you're cute" look... Haha.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Right? And it's soooo easy to get stuck in your head. Haha.

My FH and I haven't had a chance to travel yet together, especially alone, so I'm already day dreaming about being so relaxed and laid back for 11 whole days!!!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you for the tip!! I was really hoping to do some exploring on our own, only one or two planned excursions are grabbing my interest so far.

We are total foodie lovers, so I'm excited now to try some authentic cuisine!!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

So long to wait!!! Haha. I'm glad it's not just me Smiley laugh

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm hoping so! Haha. I'm 291 days out from the wedding (but who's counting? haha), so I haven't gotten close enough to start worrying about the nitty gritty, but once that gets here, I know I'll be able to go into full wedding planning mode!

Haha, Instagram-ing your resort, that's awesome. I've already been on several times looking up shore excursions for the cruise!

• Alessia
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Alessia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You did a great job in choosing Royal Caribbean and those islands!!! You will not be disappointed. I feel your excitement! I am as impatient..

• Tracy
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ahhhhh I looooove cruises and Royal Caribbean is the best!!!! Im definitely excited for our honeymoon...its going to be so nice to get away and just relax!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Exciting! We have post-poned our honeymoon until an unknown time so it's hard to feel excited about it at the moment! Enjoy your first real vacation together! It will be the same for my fiance and I! We haven't been to a tropical destination together so looking forward to that!

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That’s exciting! My family has went in that cruise before and really enjoye it Smiley smile I am haha but I need to wait longer, however we do have a trip planned coming up
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Its less stressful! That's why. Just you guys and time to enjoy each other.

I keep being like OMG WE"LL BE MARRIED WHEN WE TRAVELLLLLL. My FH is very unimpressed with my random freak outs about this.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

HAHAHA!!! I freakin' love that song!!! It's soooooo exciting when you book the trip! I honestly have been more excited about the honeymoon lately than about the wedding day lol I just want to go away somewhere with my husband!

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That sounds like a great honeymoon! You'll love so many of those places - I did Curacao in November 2016 and everyone there is so friendly and warm! The UNESCO heritage site is a lot of fun. Make sure to visit the old market for lunch if you get a chance by the way. It doesn't LOOK amazing, but the food is delicious and really authentic.

We're going on our honeymoon in September to Indonesia. I can't wait!

• Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh yea! I'm more looking forward to my honeymoon than wedding. Your honeymoon sounds amazing.
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh 100% I am I booked our honeymoon back in Jan and we aren't going until Nov haha and I told my FH I am slightly more excited for the honeymoon than the wedding haha

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am! Lol eventually other wedding things start to fill your mind up and keep you busy the days just start to fly by! Plus life just gets so busy... but I still have time to instagram our resort and day dream hahaha
    Your honeymoon sounds amazing!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics