Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
VIP May 2019 Ontario

Final Checks Day of Wedding!

Stephanie, on January 9, 2019 at 11:26 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 4

Hello all!

I have been working on timelines and setups for the Wedding (just a little over 4 months away) and I am trying to put together a list of things to check/setup for the actual wedding itself! I will not have a Day of Coordinator, but I will have a friend who works in events to help me out (as well as a bunch of family/friends to help with the set up, the wedding is also on Friday and we will likely be able to set some things up Thursday!)

SO my question is, what are some things that need to be set up/double checked for the wedding day?

I have:

Ceremony

- Pew bows in place

- Aisle runner in place

- Floral arrangements delivered and placed at front

Reception

- Greeting table has guest book, card box, pens, paper, other decorations and linens

- Other foyer decorations and photo area set up

- Tall tables in foyer for cocktail hour

- DJ set up to play music/call in people to dinner area

- Table set up with everything needed per person at the table (double check the right number of chairs and place settings match the seating chart)

- Centerpieces up, table numbers, linens, plates, cutlery, glasses, menus, place cards

- Head table set up, linens, plates, curler, glasses, place cards, candles and flowers

- DJ area set up

Lets list off some other items! GO!

4 Comments

Latest activity by Tyanna, on January 12, 2019 at 19:36
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Following so I can keep a list too 😎😎😎
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Agree with hidden water, but I say have it everywhere! For after the ceremony, during pictures, while talking to guests. I was really dehydrated on my wedding day!

I would also recommend someone review the food times with the caterer. Our venue coordinator asked us after pictures what time we wanted dinner and again later in the evening when we wanted the snack, even though we had gone over our schedule with them multiple times beforehand.

Another thing I would recommend is giving your phone to someone else! No one should be calling the bride but you never know. And that way, they can take pictures throughout the day so you have some to look at on your honeymoon before the professional ones come in.

And also, let people know where the stuff is going after the wedding! Whether it all goes in your vehicle or someone else is storing it or someone is returning it for you; I made a list of all the items that had to be packed up and where they were going at the end of the night.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oooo all excellent!! Adding to my list now thank you!

Good call on the mints too! Especially after dinner haha!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Exciting!!! I would say:

Ceremony

· If signing papers during ceremony – have the pens/pencils, and papers all together

· If you are doing any wine/sand/ribbon ceremony to have all of that together

Reception

· If you are having a in memory area – have all that ready as well

· Maybe have hidden water and breath mints? Lol stay hydrated!! And you will be talking to lots of people so minty breath is much appreciated!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics