Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Fighting off the post-wedding blues

Joey, on April 25, 2018 at 08:05 Posted in Just married 0 20

Are you worried about wedding withdrawal? What are your plans to fight off post-wedding blues? Will you plan a 1st anniversary party? Work on putting together your wedding album? Arrange a trip together? Write your vendor reviews?

Fighting off the post-wedding blues 1

Photo by Ardent Photography in Saskatoon

20 Comments

Latest activity by Summer, on April 28, 2018 at 09:55
  • Summer
    Devoted May 2019 Ontario
    Summer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m a full time teacher and it has been a lot of work so far to plan our wedding. Our wedding is just over a year away. I think for us afterwards will hopefully be planning our honeymoon a few months later and then trying to have a baby! Well be together for 4 years by then and hoping to start our family before we hit 30 lol
  • Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Same!! I've even had people tell me that we should put it off for atleast a year due to the cost of the wedding. We might not financially be able to afford a baby and did we think about that. 😱 I was so shocked!! Do you know my finances?! Did you know that the wedding will be paid off in full? no, then shut it! So rude.
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m so glad I’m not the only one!!! Most people think we’re nuts for wanting kids so soon. But it’s just what’s next for us!
  • Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is my FH and I! We've been together for 8 years, been living together for 7.5. we planned on starting a family last year but then he proposed so I put it off. Didn't want to be a pregnant bride lol. Our plan is to start trying right away as well.
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re getting married exactly a week before mine and my sister’s birthdays, then there’s Christmas and New Years and then we have our honeymoon so I’ll be busy for a while after.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our plan is to have kids! Haha. We are hoping to be pregnant with our first roughly 4 months after the wedding. We will have already been together for 11 years, and living together for 5 1/2 years, so we don’t really need “newlywed” time. We’ve both wanted kids for a couple of years now, we just decided to wait until after we were married. So, kids is our next step.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes please! I love reading the comments from the brides who have been through it all!

Wifey wisdom! hahaha! I love that I might have to use it towards my future husband too haha!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are going on a 2 week honeymoon straight from the wedding, so hopefully that will be a good time to decompress. Then I'll have reviews to do, thank you cards to write, and wedding photos to look through.

I'll probably visit this site from time to time as well... share my wifely wisdom... haha.

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm struggling with this a little now since I got married last month. I just finished writing reviews, and I enjoy writing on here to help others with ideas or things that worked/did not work for mine.

I do have my honeymoon to look forward to though, which is in three months! After that, I get to do all the name change stuff, since I have to wait for the marriage certificate. Then, I'll either be over the wedding stuff or find something else to occupy my time with

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I go back to work for about 2 weeks after the wedding and then we leave on our honeymoon at the end of the month. After that, we will hopefully be planning to buy a house and/or babies. If not, then I'll definitely be planning a trip lol

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not worried because a month after our wedding I'll be back to school, then 3 months after our wedding one of my dear friends is getting married, so I'll have that to be excited for Smiley smile

• Cathrine
    Devoted April 2018 Ontario
    Cathrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have been worried about that. I'm on day 4 since my wedding and i've been ok. I'm back at work today which is helpful. We have our honeymoon coming up on 2 1/2 weeks and then it will be photos to go through. I'm someone who always keeps busy and has the next project on the horizon so i'm hoping i won't get hit with any blues.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't experience any post-wedding blues luckily. I went back to work 3 days after my wedding and just carried on. I did then start planning our honeymoon a few months after.

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having our honeymoon on our one year anniversary, so after the wedding, I'll transition to planning our honeymoon - I love planning trips!

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m a little worried about this after I talked to another bride who said she cried when it was all over Smiley sad But we have our honeymoon to look forward to the month after our wedding so I think that will give us something to look forward to as well as our wedding photos and videos. We also want to build a home so I think we’ll be pretty busy again after the wedding!
  • Taylor
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have already had our house over a year now, but after the wedding we will start focusing on upgrades/renos and possibly getting a second dog! Also, I am glad we chose a spring wedding so that we can enjoy our summer after

• Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m not worried about post-wedding blues. I’m just excited to live with my FH and unpack everything. Wedding planning is exciting, but it’s been a lot of work and a lot of pressure, so I’ll be happy when it’s over. It will be nice to have time again to focus on my career and my schooling (and my husband of course).
  • Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our next step after the wedding will be buying a house. I've already started thinking about it, but it'll be nice to dive right into that. It's a whole different kind of planning!
  • Linda
    Newbie June 2018 Ontario
    Linda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't even think of that! I must start thinking of ideas Smiley winking

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think I'm excited about this since my Fiance and I don't live together yet! We will likely buy a house before the wedding but hold off from living together until after! So after wedding I have a lot to look forward to!

We will be getting married in May and likely will do out honeymoon in the fall/winter so that to look forward to as well!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics