Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Fiancé(e) Friday - Where was your first vacation together?

Joey, on August 9, 2019 at 08:05 Posted in WeddingWire 0 24

Where did you two first go away together? Was the vacation abroad or domestic? With family, friends, or alone? How long was the trip? Are you two compatible travelers?

Fiancé(e) Friday - Where was your first vacation together? 1

Photo by Stacie Carr Photography in Vancouver

24 Comments

Latest activity by July, on October 4, 2019 at 15:11
  • July
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    July ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our first real vacation with just the two of us was a 7-day trip in the Dominican Republic. We love travelling & experiencing places together. We definitely want to do more of it.
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our first vacation together was to Rome for 9 days. Rome had been at the top of my travel list ever since I can remember, so I'm so glad I got to share that experience with him. Everything about it was perfect, the only thing we fought about was sharing our food with each otherXD

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We went to Florida. It was too short of a stay with kids. I'll go again now that they are older. Our first trip alone will be honeymoon and not for a long while lol
  • K
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did a Western Canada road trip for 3 weeks only 2 months into our relationship. We fought almost every day haha, but we made it out alive and now we're the best travel partners!

• M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think the first time we went anywhere together was to a B&B in Toronto. This would have been about 18 years. Since we have camped, cottaged, hiked through Costa Rica, gone on crazy car trips, and taken the kids to Jamaica and Mexico. We are very compatible travellers.
  • Sondra
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Sondra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met while we both lived in Australia, when our visas were up (4 months into our relationship) we went on our first 'vacation' through Japan, Hong Kong, the Philippines, China & then I brought him home to Canada for 4 months and then we set off again.

We are definitely compatible travellers.

• Katrin
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Katrin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our first vacation together was to Spain for a 3 weeks after just 2 months of dating. I don't know why we did it but I guess you know someone when you're with them 24/7 for 3 weeks!

• Loi-Marie
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Loi-Marie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think our first “vacation” together was March break when we went to Niagara Falls over a year ago. But our actual first huge getaway together was when we went to South Africa to visit some of my family members! It was an awesome time and we are planning for another major getaway to my motherland this year!
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Cuba, just the two of us Smiley smile

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We live in regina. We did go to Winnipeg for a weekend after just a few months of dating. But I would say our first vacation was to Kimberley bc.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wr haven't had a vacation per say. Its just time he wants to the boat and makes me guilty for not going. Sacrifices made and now he goes as pleases.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our first vacation together was in Winnipeg - we live about 8 hours away and wanted to go somewhere for a few days while I was on reading week. It was just the two of us and we learned that we travel really well together!

• Chere-Lee
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Chere-Lee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went to Las Vegas for my 40th birthday (for a week)! Just the two of us! We had a BLAST!! Can't wait to vacation together again!

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Disneyland!
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

During the long distance portion of our relationship, we met up in Mexico for a week. It was awesome to have a week just for ourselves!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We went to Punta Cana for a week just the two of us. We had only been dating like 5 months at this point. It was great!
  • Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our first real vacation together would have been 2 years ago to Montreal for Christmas

• Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A 4-day trip to Victoria BC in the summer, beautiful weather and yummy food! We had a great time and went for more and more vacations together ever since Smiley laugh Smiley heart

• Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Dominican! It was such a great trip. Food, hotel, beach, all of it was awesome. And we had such a nice time just the two of us.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our first trip would have been a road trip to Edmonton. It was for about a week and we drove there just the two of us from Winnipeg. Next trip was to Paris/Czech Republic/Amsterdam and would 10/10 do again!

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We went to Iceland after 2 months of dating for 15 days and lived out of a van. I would have to say after doing that and not killing each other, we are pretty compatible 😂
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our first trip was a cruise with his family for his brothers wedding. We were gone for 2 weeks (1 week on the cruise, few days before and after spent in Florida).

I find we are pretty compatible vacationers. We have gone on many trips together, he likes staying busy, and I like to relax, so as long as we can do both we are happy!

Our honeymoon will be our first trip just the 2 of us. Every other time we have gone away people have wanted to come at the same time, so it will be nice to just spend 2 weeks together without having to do what other people want!

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our first vacation was to Disney World in Florida. We went just the two of us. My profile picture is from that vacation. It was a fairly short trip for only four days. We’re very compatible vacationers, we both like to stay fairly busy when we travel, except at Disney I am a bit more strict and planning than him with booking fast passes and such. So much Disney I always want to see!
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We actually haven't done a trip yet! His busy season was always my slow season at work and we couldn't go together. We have done a day trip and that's basically it. We plan to go on a trip some time the next year.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics