Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Fiancé(e) Friday! What do they do that drives you crazy?

Lynnie, on October 12, 2018 at 13:05 Posted in WeddingWire 0 14

Just because they're our favorite person in the world doesn't mean they don't drive us crazy every once in awhile! Smiley shame

What does your fiancé(e) do that drives you absolutely crazy? Bring on the pet peeves, weird habits, and annoying tendencies!

nadinehansenphotography-hopcottfarmsenga

Photo by Nadine Hansen Photography in New Westminster, BC

If you missed last Friday, jump on over to: What about your significant other makes you smile?

14 Comments

Latest activity by Kaisha, on November 23, 2018 at 21:10
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He leaves his socks lying around, it is by far my biggest pet peeve.

• Monica
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Monica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Leaving all the dishes until they’re stacked in a pile!! Why can’t he just wash his dishes after using them Smiley cry
  • Andrea
    Devoted January 2021 Ontario
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not cleaning up after himself, it really drives me up a wall!! LMAO!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He’s so messy. I can’t use the washroom after him without spending 10 minutes cleaning up since he’s somehow incapable of doing so.
  • Shelby
    Curious August 2019 Alberta
    Shelby ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh goodness. When he plays video games for too long and starts swearing at me randomly like he does with his gaming buddies haha. I have to laugh about it though (it's not in an angry or aggressive way at all) other than that when he drinks I have to do SO MUCH BABYSITTING FOR HIM lol only way I can get him to listen is by telling him I love him every few minutes 😂
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh man - when we started dating he used to leave every cabinet or drawer open by an inch. AN INCH. It drove me nuts, cause why not just close it the whole way? He's actually gotten way better with that though and very rarely do I find open cabinets in the kitchen anymore!

I think the only thing that literally drives me up the damn wall now, is that he's always like 5 minutes late. I like to be early, if not punctual and if I tell him we need to be out the door at 5.30, at 5.30 he's like oh wait, I gotta pee and quickly change and get shoes on. WITHOUT FAIL.

I've tried to tell him we have to leave 10 minutes earlier than we do, but then he just gets annoyed with me lol.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Obviously there are always little things. and some days I feel I have more than I should. and I KNOW he does with me too. but the one that will constantly drive me crazy is dishes. I HATE going to bed with dishes left. he will take them to the sink. but he doesn't put them in the dishwasher. DUDE!!! its right beside the sink. it takes an extra 5 seconds. ugghhh! hahah

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sure, there are some pet peeves, but I'm sure I drive him nuts sometimes too!

Right now though, what bugs me is wedding related. He says he wants to help, then I tell him what I need help with, and nothing happens. He wants to have a "productive day date" to help plan some of the details, but every time I suggest a day he's busy.

Hell, I asked him to provide me a complete guest list for his family by September 7, which was extended to September 15...and I'm still waiting.

• Marleau
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Marleau ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Lately everything haha 😂 ... On top of being a week away from our big day, we also moved Sept 31, I flew out to Ontario Oct 6, and have been handeling everything sense I got here. It’s safe to say that I’m a little on edge and stressed there for everything is driving me nuts... including my mother hahah
  • K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is a small thing but t drives me insane... He leaves glasses (like drinking glasses) and coffee mugs everywhere... in the living room, bedroom, bathroom, garage, on the deck lol. It's stupid but it makes me crazy lol
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would say that I'm in the same boat as you! When I first met my FH he was (and still is) horrible with his money... Debt. Everywhere. - to be fair he payed his way through school... but that was like 8 years ago when he was 20..

Now that I'm in the picture (and I am going to school for accounting) I manage our finances and it helps a lot - but he still will go and buy a bunch of stuff from places like Costco and say that we needed it when we really didn't... maybe I just have to wait for us to be together for 6 years?? lol (been together for 1yr 7 months)

• Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is little, but I am ALWAYS picking up beer and pop cans from around our apartment! It is not a long walk to the recycle bin...BUT THE CANS NEVER GET THAT FAR.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have a few but the main one is when he's off on a weekday and I'm at work 9-5, I come home and he hasn't done anything (not an issue with being lazy, heck I'm super lazy over the weekend) but then asks if I can do the dishes/scoop cat litter/vacuum/whatever. I also have a secondary job as a Zumba instructor after work 2 days so when he has a day off it would be nice if he could take on household chores while I work lol

We've since talked about this and are on the same page now. I do the majority of my chores on the weekend when I have time for them and he does his on days off. Now when we both are working, our house gets a little more messy, but usually doesn't go more than 3 days without cleaning. Cat litter gets scooped daily regardless.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oooohhh... I love him... so much... But he can be such an air head when it comes to budgeting... both time and money. He doesn't go on frivolous spending sprees or anything... But I often feel I'm biting my tongue from chasing him down about things...

He's grown up so much though in our 6 years together (we were 20 and 22 when we started dating)... So I know it'll get better... Smiley heart Gosh it's a good thing he's cute.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics