Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Fiancé(e) Friday - Friday the 13th edition! What rituals do you and your partner share?

Joey, on September 13, 2019 at 08:15 Posted in WeddingWire 0 12

It's Friday the 13th, and many of us will be trying to ward off bad luck by avoiding black cats, smudging our homes, tossing salt over our shoulders, or keeping some healing crystals nearby. Rituals can make us feel better, safer, and happier.

What rituals do you and your SO share?

Do you have a good luck charm hanging in your home?

Do you always say the same goodbye before you leave for work?

Do you don lucky outfits when you watch your favorite sports teams play?

Are you planning your wedding day to make sure you and your partner don't see each other until the ceremony?

Do you and your boo share any special rituals?

Fiancé(e) Friday - Friday the 13th edition! What rituals do you and your partner share? 1

Photo by Delightfully Elegant Events in Petawawa

12 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on September 17, 2019 at 14:18
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We don't have any rituals besides the regular of kissing each other every day and waiting up if not working the next morning.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We always say bye, goodnight, and other stuff but I think that's just good manners we share with each other lol. We're not really superstitious at all tho.

• M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are not superstitious people at all.
    No Friday the 13th rituals (other than we avoid any roads going into Port Dover due to congestion).
    Not only did we see each other before the wedding, he did up the back of my dress when I was getting ready.
  • Stephanie
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have little things that we always do, but I wouldn't call them rituals. We always hug and kiss before going to work and bed.
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly not superstitious at all but we will be doing the whole thing where he doesn’t see me until the ceremony but it’s not superstition as much as it is that I just really want that moment to be the first time he sees me that day.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I tend to tease my FH about all his superstitions. Though I would never say "its quiet" at work. I think I'll have the something borrowed, something blue more because it's what my MOH and friends will do together. Better safe than sorry 😉
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We always say goodnight and I love you before going to bed, and when one of us leaves for work we also say goodbye and I love you. We also have goodbye, goodnight, and hello kisses.

We're planning on not seeing each other day of the wedding until the ceremony/walk down the aisle.

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We always give each other a kiss and tell each other "I love you" before we go to bed, before we leave and when we get home.

We're going to try to make it so we don't see each other till the ceremony on the day. But we are also getting married in a big park, so it might be hard to hide haha

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH laughs at me because I need to have an "official" goodnight kiss. We just got into the habit of doing it so then my paranoid self started to think if we don't it's some kind of bad omen so now I really have to do it every night. Same with saying "Have a good day, love you" before i leave for work .

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We really don't have any rituals that we do together. I guess good morning and good night would be the only thing that we do.

• Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Every night, without fail we say "I hope you have a good sleep, Sweet Dreams, I love you, Goodnight." In no particular order.

Also I when he leaves I always have to say be safe, see you soon, I love you

I just have this buried fear that it could be the last time we see each other and I want our last words to each other to be I love you. Its especially bad right now because a little over a month ago I lost a friend very suddenly and tragically and I never got to say goodbye.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hmmm... together? Nothing? I don't think we have anything like that.... We say good morning and goodnight but that's the decent thing to do? IDK...

On my own I plan on having the whole "Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue, and a Sixpence in Her Shoe" though!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics