Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Fiancé(e) Friday - Do you two have a special place?

Joey, on September 27, 2019 at 08:20 Posted in WeddingWire 0 14

Do you and your boo have a place that's super sentimental for you two? Smiley winking

Do you revisit the place where you first met? How about going back to where you had your first kiss? Do you have a favorite restaurant, picnic spot, or place to spend a romantic weekend? Do you reminisce about your first apartment together? Do you spend each anniversary at the place where you had your first date?

Tell us about a spot that's super special to you, your partner, and your relationship Smiley heart

Fiancé(e) Friday - Do you two have a special place? 1

Photo by Jade Gabrielle Photography in Edmonton

14 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on October 7, 2019 at 20:41
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not really, but whenever we go back to the place where we met (a restaurant that we both worked at), it feels special.

• Christine
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Christine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We've moved across the country together, so, unfortunately, we can't visit the places where we first met very often. When we visit Windsor we like to drive by our first apartment and talk about how much things have changed. We also have places in Vancouver that we used to go to when we first moved here which are special to us as well.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I know we will frequent the resort we got engaged in Cuba. That’s always a fast cheaper trip for us and super special.
    For my birthday we always go to the keg and that’s our fancy night out. We used to have a sushi place that was our go to restaurant until it closed Smiley sad
    other than that we don’t have too many places!
  • Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will always love Salthill, Galway. It is our favourite place in the world, and we used to walk down to the promenade every chance we could get when we lived there. We like to joke that, when we're rich, we'll buy the big white house on the corner right buy the waterfront.

Fiancé(e) Friday - Do you two have a special place? 2
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Canmore : Dinner at Tapas Restaurant.
    Whenever we need to getaway for even just one afternoon we'll drive to Canmore. For anniversaries or birthdays, we'll usually stay the night and go to Tapas for dinner. It's by far the best restaurant and perfectly located downtown Canmore.
    Speaking of which, I might book a night in Canmore for my hubby's bday in October Smiley heart

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have our favourite restaurants/spots in town we frequently go to for date night/anniversaries.

We met at the university here - he worked and I was a student. He resigned and I graduated around the same time and haven't been back since. There is some nice walking trails around so might have to go back sometime.

Our first date was at a coffee shop on the other side of town - we haven't been since our first date but keep saying we should go back!

Our first kiss was at his house, which I moved into eventually so is definitely sentimental.

We're going back to Miami Beach - where we got engaged for part of our honeymoon and we're both super excited!!

• M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Elora, Ontario. We've had a few getaways just the 2 of us there and have some great memories. We've also camped with our kids and had an amazing (and unintentionally adventurous) hike with all of us
    Elora is a really happy place for us.
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A little lodge in the mountains, which is where we first said I love you and our relationship really took on a deeper meaning and level. We try to go back there on the same weekend every year for a little getaway. Smiley smile

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We do enjoy some places to eat and movie theatre once in a blue moon.
  • Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say we have a few spots. We met when I was working at a kiosk at the mall. When he was still working at the mall and they started setting up the kiosk for Christmas, he would send me a picture and the caption was "Where we first met Smiley heart ". Then it would be Dessart Treats here in Regina because when we first starting seeing each other we would go there for ice cream all the time and just go on long walks talking and eating our ice cream.

Then for sure where we had our first kiss. Which was just on the side of a gravel road after watching a sunset. He took me back there when he proposed to me. Smiley heart

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We go to the Keg on our anniversary every year for dinner because that's where we had our first date

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do you revisit the place where you first met? I mean, technically Smiley tongue We met at a mutual friend's house for a game night! lol

How about going back to where you had your first kiss? I don't even remember where that was tbh.... could have been at his parents house? Can't see them living there much longer though so eventually we won't be going back there.

Do you have a *favourite* restaurant, picnic spot, or place to spend a romantic weekend? We do go to this one Thai place that the food is so good!! Just don't use the washrooms... they honestly could be shut down for a health violation because of the dirt in there...

Do you reminisce about your first apartment together? Nope! Never had one! Straight to buying a house!!

Do you spend each anniversary at the place where you had your first date? No... that would be either at McDonald's or at a bar in a town about an hour outside the city...

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Well I remember where we had our first date, first kiss and if we were there we would probably mention it but we don't out there just to be sentimental lol maybe we should....
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think so, but again, maybe I'm just not sentimental enough to know we have one lol

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics