Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Chelsea
Master August 2017 Ontario

Feeling accomplished!

Chelsea, on June 12, 2017 at 17:15 Posted in Wedding reception 0 14

So this weekend was busy for me! I had my first bridal shower, I picked up my veil, I worked on my table numbers which have turned out to be a lot more work than we though, and picked up cupcakes to taste for the wedding! We need to try some more flavours but we are loving red velvet so far!! We also picked our cake topper. It was used at my bridal shower, and we both really loved it and so we are using it for our wedding cake as well as it fits the gold colour scheme!

For the table numbers we needed numbers 1-14 from Michaels which they are no longer carrying and so when they sell out, that it is and so we had to drive around different cities over the weekend to get what we have in the photos. They don't have anymore 1's and so we had to use the letter "I' for them, but of course we are one short, and so we can't do the number 11 yet, or 14 because we have a 1 and an I left and so whatever one we find at Michaels will have to match one of those to make the 11, so it isn't looking weird being two different things. We had to nail the numbers into the stands and then paint glue on all of it and put the gold sparkles on it. Then after it dried, we put mod podge on it to seal it and this way when people touch them, glitter wont get all over them!

Table numbersTable numbersTable numbers

Cake topperCake topper

14 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 10, 2018 at 10:12
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sounds this weekend did get you rolling with projects which look great. And enjoying ypur bridal shower.

Nice cake topper too. Everything is cohesive.
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I wish you the best of luck and hope everything runs smoothly. Don't forget to show us some pictures after your honeymoon.

• Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yup, I have everything finished as my wedding is in 16 days.

• Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I hear you. I've done much of mine by myself also; centrepieces, bouquets, hand written invitations, favours (homemade apple butter), thank you cards for the favours, large sign for seating plan, decorated arch with lights, tulle, and flowers, and I'll be making my own wedding cake. Just pace yourself and do some every other day. You'll get there.

• Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree that personal touches make it very rewarding. It does add a lot of extra stress however! I did my table numbers myself, candle holders for the head table myself, my wedding favours myself, a Mr & MRS sign for the head table myself, and then some little things for the centerpieces myself. It was definitely a lot of extra work!

• Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Lots of work involved when doing it yourself. I think it means more when your pour yourself into the tasks. Very fulfilling.

• Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you! Smiley smile
  • Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh Chelsea! They look so nice! Amazing! Smiley love

• Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you! They take so long to do!
  • Loni
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Loni ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow those table numbers look amazing!

• Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not that I can think of! We are going to ask around and see if anyone can do it for us haha!!! Ahhh that is very exciting ! I remember engagement photos! They were so much fun! I can't wait to see some photos of you Smiley smile
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks Erin!
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's a busy weekend! Congrats on getting so much done!
  • Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow you guys were busy over the weekend! Do you have anyone who is handy with a jigsaw that could cut you an extra I (looks easier than a 1 to cut Smiley smile )?

We had our engagement photos done this weekend. We are super late with these but I think they are going to be amazing! Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics