Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Devoted June 2019 Ontario

Feeding the vendors.

JuneBride, on April 22, 2018 at 00:12 Posted in Wedding reception 0 14
I found out that you are suppose to feed the dj, photographer and videographer. My question is what do you feed them? Same thing as your guests? Is there anyone I'm missing?

14 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on May 23, 2018 at 11:26
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They will need to be counted in for meals. I only did main courses for them since they weren't considered guests for sit down dinner.
  • T
    Beginner July 2018 British Columbia
    Teela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you supposed to count the extras when giving a number to the caterer? They would be eating the same as guests, but not sure if its buffet if i need to count them in?

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Every vendor may not have in their contracts and will be need to be fed.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When we booked our reception venue, they told us the vendor meal prices (approximately 85% of what the full adult guest meal costs). Their meal is exactly what our guests will be eating.

• Colleen
    Curious October 2018 Alberta
    Colleen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When I booked our DJ we made the agreement that he would have the buffet the same as everyone else. If he is going to spend the day with us it only makes sense

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just ask your venue what they offer, they may offer the same meal as your guests, or they may have a separate option for vendors. Either way they will help you through this Smiley smile

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Vendors will eat just like your guests. Most venues will ask you or have a 'vendor' option available.. basically its a cheaper meal as it doesn't include alcohol (they shouldn't be included in your bar count).

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Typically it is the same thing you are feeding the guests. We are having our videographer and photographer seated at a table near the head table so they can see everyone and everything so they will see when speeches are starting and can capture them.

• Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My planner said they just need the main course.

our DJ is having the vegetarian main course & our photographer is having the regular main course.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our photographers also happen to be family friends so we sat them with guests that they knew and they enjoyed the same dinner as everyone else Smiley smile

• Alexis
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Anyone who's staying through the reception is supposed to be fed. For example, we have photographer, DJ, and two wedding planners. Our venue has a vendor meal price, significantly lower than our attendee price. So we just let them know how many vendors.
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m just seating my photographers and videographer together at a table. They’ll eat with the guests.
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yep generally people will have them sit at a table as well (DJ may be busy but it's still nice to give them a seat). Honestly you just treat them as if they are another guest and feed them whatever everyone else will be getting. However, you do not need to include alcohol on this.
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yep you’ll provide them supper as you would any of your other guests. Most vendors will tell you that a meal is required - they need to eat too

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics