Sendims
Beginner September 2019 Ontario

Feature wall vs photobooth

Sendims, on 24/November/2018 at 09:38 Posted in Plan a wedding
Hello,
Has anyone ever done a feature wall instead of a photobooth ? Did you prefer one over the other, and why? What is the price difference?

My fiance and I are thinking of DIY-ing a featurewall to save money. We were thinking of something like this

Feature wall vs photobooth 1
Share:

15 Comments

• Rachael
    Featured October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·

I thought of a feature wall, but decided against it. (I may revisit it in time).

I do think it's preferable to a photo booth as your guests could utilize their own cameras (or you could provide one on a tripod as I believe was suggested below), which means both you and your guests could have a copy of each picture for yourself.

• Samantha
    Beginner June 2019 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    This is a great idea! Never even thought of it , but I think it would definitely be wonderful especially saving money!
  • Sendims
    Sendims ·
    View quoted message
    I never thought of the tripod idea !!! Thank you for that. Yes it's to kind of have a photobooth without the booth !!!
  • Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    Is the point of a feature wall to be like a photobooth without the “booth”? And then people just take their own pics? If so, we’re doing basically the same thing except it will be a backdrop and we’re providing a tripod for phones. That way it’s cheap, and if no one uses it then we didn’t even spend $20 on it! I love the look of the wall though and I’d say go for it!
  • Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    View quoted message
    That is cute af, I wish it fit our theme 😫
  • Sendims
    Sendims ·
    View quoted message
    Stunning !

• Amie
    Frequent user August 2019 British Columbia
    Amie ·
    I love the feature wall. Photo booths are fun and interactive though. For our August wedding, we will be setting up an outdoor lounge area. That will be our version of a photo booth.

I’ll have French Victorian furniture and I want to hang a chandelier or glass details for some added sparkle.

☺️

Feature wall vs photobooth 2

Feature wall vs photobooth 3
  • Sendims
    Sendims ·
    View quoted message

Please let me know how it goes/looks!!
  • Robyn
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·

To be completely honest I'd never even heard of a feature wall before reading your comment but I LOVE this - I am definitely going to incorporate this into our reception!

• Sendims
    Sendims ·
    View quoted message
    Thank you for your opinion ! We just wanted something different than a typical photobooth and we have other reasons as well. But thanks for your honesty
  • Sendims
    Sendims ·
    View quoted message
    Yes that's true !!! We have a photographer for the whole day so I'm sure he could also help with that ! Thank you for your opinion !!
  • E
    Devoted December 2018 Ontario
    Emma Online ·
    Ok I honestly don’t get the point of a feature wall?

IMO I would just skip it. Especially if you are trying to save money.
  • Stephanie
    Featured May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    View quoted message
    It depends! For yours honestly you could probably find a slab of drywall and decorate it up! You wouldnt need anything too expensive just something large and flat and decorate the tops and sides as needed! The only thing I would recommend is to maybe have a friend with a decent camera come and help with the wall? Take a few photos for people? I worry about making this backdrop and with no one to help at it people would only take selfies and you wont get the full effect...
  • Sendims
    Sendims ·
    View quoted message
    Exactly !!! I'm just trying to see where we can save money lol!

I love the idea you posted !!! I'm just wondering how much feature walls would cost as opposed to a photobooth!!
  • Stephanie
    Featured May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    I'm debating this too! I love the idea of a photobooth but they are expensive... I've been to weddings where the booth was a huge hit! And I've been to ones where the photobooth guy is standing there twiddling his thumbs for most of the time....
    I really want to do a feature wall like this! Where the moon is forward and let's you sit on it!! I think it's so cute and fits out theme perfect!

Feature wall vs photobooth 4

Comment on this discussion

Related articles