Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Geneviève
VIP September 2020 Ontario

Favour Inspo

Geneviève, on June 30, 2020 at 12:21 Posted in Wedding reception 1 23
Hi everyone!

Favours can be the perfect way to say thank you to your guests. While lots of people skip them, there’s lots of ways you can honour your guests with a little something at the end of the night. Feel free to share what you’ve been thinking of so far! Are you thinking:

Something useful?Favour Inspo 1

Something tasty?Favour Inspo 2

Something permanent?Favour Inspo 3

Or a donation?Favour Inspo 4

23 Comments

Latest activity by Taylor, on July 14, 2020 at 13:04
  • Taylor
    Newbie May 2021 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are getting married in May 2021 and I am thinking of giving everyone a package of seeds (various kinds), to plant! I found personalized baggies for them and I was thinking of using a wheelbarrow, painting it, filling it with dirt and then putting the seed bags in the wheelbarrow..

I feel like this is a "small favour" though so I was thinking of offering a small bottle of alcohol per person, on their table...

• Samantha
    Newbie September 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing vintage skeleton key bottle openers! Smiley smile

• Stefanie
    Newbie July 2021 Alberta
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love this idea! We’re doing a fall wedding and I was thinking about blankets as a favour!! Such a cute saying!!
  • Geneviève
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I personally love this. What a fantastic idea!
  • Stephanie
    Curious July 2022 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding is going to be super nerdy themed with reference to all the different fandoms we love. So for the favours we're going to be giving everyone a box of Nerds. I even found this template someone created for custom box design, which we might use.

Favour Inspo 5

• Geneviève
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s a cute idea and I love the tags you used!
  • Geneviève
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s really cute and super tasty sounding! I’m sure guests would love a little something from your kitchen.
  • Geneviève
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s really smart. For some reason, favours from IKEA never occurred to me! That’s a brilliant idea for the arsenal.
  • Geneviève
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I like this! It’s cheeky but in a good way and honestly people would use it. A great and tasteful way to make a covid joke at your wedding.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went with something useful - blankets! We got them from Ikea so they were only $2.49 per blanket, then wrapped them with ribbon, and set them out with a sign that said "To have and to hold, in case you get cold" Smiley smile

vitmossa-throw-grey__0603361_PE680780_S5

• Britt
    Frequent user July 2020 Alberta
    Britt ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I made my own hand sanitizer (with 99.9 proof alcohol) that will be part of our favours as well as a little Candy box filled with our favourite candies as I have a big sweet tooth.
  • Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is a cute way of saying you care as well
  • Tiffany
    Beginner September 2023 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm thinking we're going to do a little candy bag as a wedding favour. We both like some sweetness in our lives and thought we'd share.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I aren't doing favors but these are some great ideas!

• Sarah
    Frequent user July 2023 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were originally skipping them, but now everyone on the dang guest list knows I'm a baker / food blogger so we are making cookies. Nothing fancy or iced, just my mom's shortbread recipe, but I know they'll be appreciated!
  • K
    Devoted August 2021 Nova Scotia
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t think I’ll do favours but one of my colleagues pitched this idea the other day—and although I’m super opposed to letting covid have any role in my wedding day, I do think it’s pretty cute / potentially very useful!!

Favour Inspo 6

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing a candy bar. Hopefully I guess it depends if buffet type of things are being allowed. We also wona free photobooth but who knows what will happen if we have to postpone.
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely something tasty! Our wedding will be Thanksgiving Sunday so I am baking pumpkin pie tarts for our guests. I did a trial run back in February and it worked out well! The box will be brightens up with a sticker and tissue paper in our colours.Favour Inspo 7

• Savannah
    Frequent user April 2020 Ontario
    Savannah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    (phone gliched) 🙈 my MOH did these super cute goodie bag favors with Hershey hugs & kisses, “bride squad “ hand sanitizers and nail polish! For our wedding we are doing cookies as a favor! Favour Inspo 8

• Savannah
    Frequent user April 2020 Ontario
    Savannah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Family’s hosting my showers, so not sure about favors but definitely like the soap idea and might suggest it! My MOH did the favors for my husbands side back in March (before all the COVID stuff & before we did our small ceremony at home) - she did these super cute
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For bridal shower prizes we were planning on doing the "from my shower to yours" with a loofa, and bar of soap or bottle of lotion. I thought they were super cute and simple.
  • Geneviève
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Those are so cute! That’s a really cool idea that people would definitely use.
  • Vanessa
    Devoted December 2021 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Favour Inspo 9

So I am a huge fan of wedding favors and I look forward to them whenever we attend a wedding. I feel like these gifts should be creative, fun and useful.

Our wedding is in December so we are planning on giving ornaments to all of our guests for their trees (everyone we know celebrates Christmas). I'm super excited about this idea but we haven't decided on the wording yet ... i'll probably make a post about this soon lol.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics