Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Faux Pas or Nah: Taking pictures during the ceremony?

Lynnie, on 15/April/2019 at 12:19 Posted in Wedding ceremony

How do you feel about guests acting like the ceremony paparazzi? Do you think it’s fair game to snap a quick pic if the couple hasn’t explicitly stated it’s an unplugged ceremony? Or do you think it’s always distracting, rude, and in the way of the professional photographer?

Is it wrong to snap a couple pics during the ceremony or no? Faux pas or nah?

Faux Pas or Nah: Taking pictures during the ceremony? 1:: Pinterest

Next Question: Leaving the wedding without saying goodbye to the bride or groom?

Back to the Beginning: Faux Pas or Nah?

Share:

28 Comments

• Amanda
    Featured June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·

I would be fine with this.. the more pictures the better !!!

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·

Faux pas unless the bride/groom has not hired a photographer and/or videographer.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·

This is a tricky one for me! We are getting married in a church for cell phones are already not allowed! But if I was doing an outside ceremony I would be fine with it as long as people don't get in the way of my hired photographer

• Amanda
    Frequent user July 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·

My Photographer has requested a no phone ceremony as it ruins the pictures and the moment to see everyone with the phones out. I know everyone wants to capture the moments but it's best we have a video that authentic.

• Bianca
    Featured August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    View quoted message

Ditto this!

• Vinod
    Featured August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·

Despite what may be said or put out as a sign, some people will still take pictures during the ceremony. Its a beautiful thing though it may get in the way of the photographer. Its always good to have that distance of where the photographer can their space.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    We’re not having an unplugged ceremony but I expect my guests to behave like they have some gd sense and not be tacky af during my ceremony. 🤷🏾‍♀️
  • Maegan
    Frequent user May 2020 Ontario
    Maegan ·
    Faux Pas!!!
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·

FAUX. PAS. Even if it's not explicitly an unplugged ceremony, I still think it's rude.

• Chelsea
    Featured June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    I think this is absolutely unacceptable. i would hate to get my professional photos back only to see people watching me take marriage vows through the screen of their phone
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    Only a faux pas if the couple has requested you not to. Never ever ever take photos during a unplugged ceremony!
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·

Faux pas. specially if you make it extremely noticable or use an ipad!

• Veronica
    Featured October 2020 Alberta
    Veronica ·

Yes! Faux Pas. Put.Down.The.Phone. The bride and groom are paying for a photographer (probably not cheap either) so just leave it be, you will get your photos eventually! Enjoy the moment. I am sure this is thanks to social media and instant gratification. For sure having an unplugged ceremony.

• K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    This is definately a faux pas in my books.i can't stand when people are always on their phone on a regular day... I dont want to see a bunch of cell phones out when i walk down the aisle.
  • Kelsie
    Featured July 2020 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    I think it happens regardless.

it really doesn’t bother me that much, I do get concerned about people being in the way of photographers but we’ve coordinated with our photographers to ensure that doesn’t happen.

• Jenna
    Frequent user September 2020 Nova Scotia
    Jenna ·
    This picture is exactly why our ceremony will be unplugged. Live in the moment! We hired a photographer for a reason.

Comment on this discussion

Related articles