Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sasha
Super October 2017 Ontario

Father of the bride attire

Sasha, on July 17, 2017 at 10:28 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 8
I was wondering what people are doing for their father's outfit? We are renting him a suit but I'm unsure of what colours he should have.The groomsmen are wearing the picture I have attached (the colour of the vest and tie are currently up for debate though). But I don't think I want my dad to match the groomsmen exactly.
I was thinking of maybe having him in a black or charcoal suit and having his tie/vest match what colour my mom is wearing but I don't know.
Im curious as to what is everyone else doing?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Laura, on July 21, 2017 at 12:50
  • Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am letting my parents dress themselves. Dad has a black silk suit that he wore to my brothers wedding that he recently had rebuilt to current style and fit and my mom is in a sparkly peachy gold floor length dress. It is their 50th wedding anniversary as well so I want them to be a bit distinct from the wedding. Except for me and my big ivory dress everyone is in gray or charcoal and the flowers are red and pinks so I am pretty happy with how it worked out.

• Sasha
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions!! 😄I think I will put him in a darker suit and either have him matching my mom or same colours as groomsmen then. I will see what he prefers. Thank you!
  • B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like the groomsmens outfit. I would put him in the same colours but with the darker jacket like you suggested. Or matching ur mom. That would look good. Is he walking u down the aisle? He should maybe match the wedding colours if so
  • Daniela
    Frequent user May 2018 Ontario
    Daniela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definetly rent a suit or tux but do not let it match any of the groomsmen or groom.

• Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My dad has a suit and would not allow me to dress him... Asked if he wanted me to get him a tie (nope)... Guess I'll see what he is wearing day of.
  • Sasha
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! Smiley laugh
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think having your parents match is a very cute idea! I'm not entirely sure what my stepdad will wear but I am sure my mum will most likely pick it out lol. I'm sure that whatever your father wears will look great!

• Sasha
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oops forgot to attach the photo!

Father of the bride attire - 1

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics