Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Frequent user February 2020 Ontario

Fake Flowers

Liarra, on January 10, 2019 at 04:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12

Has anyone used fake flowers for their bouquets or centerpieces?
We are having a winter wedding and want photos taken outside, so my main concern is that the real flowers may wilt rather quickly. This would particularly suck because we are likely taking photos prior to the ceremony due to sunset times being earlier in the winter.
Not to mention the cost savings and ability to possibly resell post-wedding is a nice bonus.

I would love to see photos from your wedding if you did go this route!!

12 Comments

Latest activity by Marissa, on January 11, 2019 at 21:23
  • Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just put down a deposit on my wood sola flowers (solaflowers.ca). I'm getting married in the summer, but I went with wood because they cost half of the price of real flowers. The colours will all be custom dyed to match the swatches I provided, so I'm really excited to see them finished!
  • L
    Liarra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Great thank you, I will definitely look into them!

• J
    Newbie July 2019 Manitoba
    Jodi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing fake flowers since they last longer and the wind doesnt damage them. I dont have photos but I've been using apps for buying wedding decorations in bulk. DHgate has so many options for different flowers, materials used, peddles only, colors and quantity... Affordable prices.
  • Natalie
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The only issue I found was that the faux flowers ended up being just as costly as real ones, if not more. It really depends on where you buy them from. But I'd say do it if you can! That way you can also give the bouquets away as prizes and you or others can keep them for house decor.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had only centerpieces floral ball rented along with vases to keep it simple and elegant. The cost was low and perfect. I had arranged and my dad took care of the payment and pick up/drop off.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes!! I cannot recommend her enough! She legit made my bridal bouquets dreams come true!

• L
    Liarra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much Tori, I will definitely check out those discussion boards! And congratulations to you as well!
  • Heather
    Beginner May 2019 British Columbia
    Heather ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am likely going to have fake flowers too. Currently I have been thinking of crocheting flowers to include in a handmade bouquet but I am not sure yet as I am just experimenting with trying different flower patterns first.
  • L
    Liarra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Amazing! I have been looking on Etsy and wondered if anyone had experiences with them that is so nice to hear!! I’ll definitely look into them! Thank you
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did all of our bouquets and boutonnieres with fake flowers that I found from etsy.com!

DressMyWedding was the vendor on there and she was AMAZING! Made me a custom bouquet and everything! It was nice because they're GORGEOUS! I have Blue/Purple Orchids in them which are crazy expensive real! And we already have them all at home! One less thing to worry about coming in before the wedding everything is good to go!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't have anything put together yet or even bought for that matter, but I will be doing fake flowers for my wedding as well!

Here are a couple links to some discussion about fake flowers:

4 types of artificial flowers

Making all my flowers out of satin!

Fake Flowers?

Fresh or fake?

Winter Wedding Flowers

P.S. Congrats on the engagement and welcome to the wedding wire community!!

• Helene
    Beginner June 2019 Quebec
    Helene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t have photo for the moment cause it’s not done yet but all my flowers are made of book pages ( books are the theme the wedding) and so far i love the result

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics